Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diazepam

Re: Diazepam

I know this is a old thread but is there anyone who has taken diazepam ended up with acid reflux ?

Re: Diazepam

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    I know this is a old thread but is there anyone who has taken diazepam ended up with acid reflux ?
    It is more likely an anxiety symptom, or GI issue than diazepam side-effect.

The gut has its own mini brain, the enteric nervous system (ENS) which can also be effected by anxiety (and depression) and may even be a major driver of these disorders. It is known to have a significant influence on the brain as it seems to be the dominant party in the data exchanges between them. Electronic vagus nerve stimulators which interfere with the ENS-brain link have been proven very effective at easing depression (though not anxiety). In turn the mix of microbes in the gut effect ENS response. What we eat and poop literally affects how we think. See also: Gut bacteria and the brain: Are we controlled by microbes? and Gut communicates with the entire brain. Indeed, it is possible to make a strong argument for us being merely the life support system for the bugs in our guts who can lead us on a merry chase at times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information