Thread: Referred to dermatology - worried

Referred to dermatology - worried

So I’ve had a freckle/mole on my leg for a long time and during pregnancy last year I noticed it maybe looked a bit darker or maybe I just noticed it more than usual. Anyway, thought nothing more of it and recently with the warmer weather I’ve been wearing cropped leggings and I’ve noticed it again. Decided to contact my GP for what I thought would just be a reassurance!

So my GP looked at the photos and she said it doesn’t present with massive red flags (itching, bleeding, crusting, growing fast) but as it’s a bit darker in the middle and because I’ve said I think it’s changed she said she was referring me to dermatology to get it looked at. It’s going down the 2 weeks wait for a cancer referral as well I’m going into panic overdrive.

Deep down, I’m telling myself I’m sure it’ll be okay and I’ll possibly have to have it cut out but I’m also panicking and giving myself a death sentence. My little girl is one this month and I’m panicking I won’t be here to watch her grow up.

Has anyone had a referral for this kind of thing and everything been okay?? Talk me off my ledge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Referred to dermatology - worried

Me, I have had 3 biopsys. All come back fine. 1 of them was a lot darker in the middle. Try not to worry, the derm will tell.u straight away with a dermascope

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymoon86 View Post
    So I’ve had a freckle/mole on my leg for a long time and during pregnancy last year I noticed it maybe looked a bit darker or maybe I just noticed it more than usual. Anyway, thought nothing more of it and recently with the warmer weather I’ve been wearing cropped leggings and I’ve noticed it again. Decided to contact my GP for what I thought would just be a reassurance!

So my GP looked at the photos and she said it doesn’t present with massive red flags (itching, bleeding, crusting, growing fast) but as it’s a bit darker in the middle and because I’ve said I think it’s changed she said she was referring me to dermatology to get it looked at. It’s going down the 2 weeks wait for a cancer referral as well I’m going into panic overdrive.

Deep down, I’m telling myself I’m sure it’ll be okay and I’ll possibly have to have it cut out but I’m also panicking and giving myself a death sentence. My little girl is one this month and I’m panicking I won’t be here to watch her grow up.

Has anyone had a referral for this kind of thing and everything been okay?? Talk me off my ledge!

Can I ask how old you are?

Anxiouscow

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiouscow View Post
    Can I ask how old you are?
    I’m 35

Just to update on this post -

I saw the dermatologist and she used her scope on my mole and said it’s completely fine. She said to keep an eye on all moles but this one is fine.

I also asked her to look at one on my neck while I was there lol and she said that one is also fine.

So for now, all is well

Thread Information