Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a horrible period, is it normal?

Re: Having a horrible period, is it normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Just wanted to butt in and say HRT has been great for me. Until my recent anxiety problems, with a patch, sleep had been better, topical pessaries for 'downstairs' helped with discomfort and generally I wasn't so all over the place mentally.

Just for future info.
    HRT is great for those who can take it. I'm not one of them. Not even the topical creams..

Oh Nora! That's rotten. I was determined I wasn't going to have it - I go through phases of wanting to be 'au naturale' (this is how I ended up being a mother), but symptoms went away for a bit, then came back with a whammy so I caved.

Obviously not drug free anymore - list as long as my arm (not really, but it feels like it).

I'm not one of them either Nora, unfortunately, as I sure as X*^&£% need it.

I’m 42 and am noticing every month is a little different for me. I am chalking it up to peri as it’s the only thing that makes sense, off and on I’ve had so many of the symptoms I’ve read about. So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I'm not one of them either Nora, unfortunately, as I sure as X*^&£% need it.
    Me too Carys. I was in so much discomfort the other day, I didn't know where to put myself! I literally had to smother my bits in Sudocreme and hope for the best.

Hubs totally misread the situation (me being knicker-free) and he came over all Sid James. He shot downstairs when he saw my nostrils flare and a pot of Sudocreme heading his way!

Yeah, its normal, but still if you are facing some different issues. i would recommend you to have a look at HollandandBarret. They offer some really great products. Few years back, I was also in the same boat then my friend recommended me this website and I bought some fertility products from them. They were really awesome. Much recommended.

Happy to stumble on this thread and know it isn’t just me. Just went through one of the worst periods I have had in awhile. I thought I was done then after a day or so, it came back and with a couple tiny clots. I know small clots are considered normal but any size make me uncomfortable. It is also not out of the ordinary to have periods stop then start then stop again and that has happened to me in the past. I am 41 so I wondering if this is the start of peri for me as my periods and the PMS symptoms seem to be all over the place lately. Also, I have read stress and anxiety can really reak havoc on things and my levels of both are quite high right now so I am sure that is not helping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information