Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart racing after bending over

Re: Heart racing after bending over

My husband reckons his heart races when I bend over?

Actually, I've had this and lots of other unpleasant heart symptoms where my head pulses (and entire body) and simply getting up makes my heart race. I've had my ticker checked over thoroughly and it's all down to stress hormones innit. Also, chocolate (stimulants) are an issue - especially with a sensitised system.

Best thing I ever did was to lay off the stimulants and to practice deep breathing which kicks in the parasympathetic response (calming) - which turns off the fight or flight (sympathetic nervous response)

I can drop my heart rate from 'racing like a bugger' to normal in under a minute now.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    My husband reckons his heart races when I bend over?

Actually, I've had this and lots of other unpleasant heart symptoms where my head pulses (and entire body) and simply getting up makes my heart race. I've had my ticker checked over thoroughly and it's all down to stress hormones innit. Also, chocolate (stimulants) are an issue - especially with a sensitised system.

Best thing I ever did was to lay off the stimulants and to practice deep breathing which kicks in the parasympathetic response (calming) - which turns off the fight or flight (sympathetic nervous response)

I can drop my heart rate from 'racing like a bugger' to normal in under a minute now.
    Haha! Thanks so much.

Stimulants is definitely something I need to avoid. I don’t do caffeine but sugar, chocolate etc is very much in my diet!!

Time to focus on eating clean perhaps instead of anxious thoughts... if only....haha

Yes!! I get these, I have done all of my life, if I bed over quick I get a flutter then followed by 200+bpm, once it happened outside a hospital and was able to go and get checked immediately after, once it happened after I got out the bath and I went to the hospital and had bloods and ecg done, all fine. I had a 24 hour holter monitor fitted, showed some skipped beats but dr wasn't concerned at all.

I also get them while I'm eating! Sometimes I'll swallow or take a deep breath before my food has gone down properly and it'll trigger the same thing!

I've found getting into child's pose and taking a few deep breath helps. If I panic it lasts 10 times longer! Xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information