Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally got my vaccine! (A happy thread)

I finally got my vaccine! (A happy thread)

I finally got my first vaccine yesterday! It was incredibly easy (although I did have to drive to another town to get it - based in the UK). I sent a message to my boyfriend when I arrived and then again when it was all done and i was waiting after and the time in between them was a grand total of 7 minutes!

I had Pfizer, I'm ok with needles but I barely even felt it so I think anyone who's scared of needles would be fine. The nurse was very helpful and went through everything with me, even though they are busy she was happy to answer any questions.

In the UK when you book appointments they don't say it on the platform but they give under 40s appointments for Pfizer or Moderna only (over 40s may get AZ but I know lots of over 40s who have had the others) and when you arrive at the vaccination centre you get sent to the Pfizer/ Moderna/ AZ building or section. All very self explanatory and everyone was really friendly and helpful.

I felt fine after and on the drive back, I got a little tired/ achy last night and today my arm hurts and I feel a bit run down but that's all. No fever or anything - and I've already had covid so the side effects are meant to be worse! My boyfriend had his jab 2 days before me and he did feel feverish for a day but he's fine now. The side effects of the vaccine were 1000x better than actually having covid!

I know lots of people have had their vaccine now but I just thought I'd share my experience in case there are people on here who are still worried. I can't speak for other countries, but in the UK the NHS are doing it marvelously and I felt completely reassured 😊

Second dose booked in August!
    Last edited by elizabethalice; 09-06-21 at 12:29.

Re: I finally got my vaccine! (A happy thread)

Way to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Way to go!!
    Thankyou!

That's great to hear! I'm working up the nerve to get mine and this helps encourage me. Do you know why they are only giving pfizer and moderna to those under 40? Seems kind of odd. What are they giving those over 40?

When I do go, I'm going to get pfizer, I'm over 40 and grateful there's no such rule here.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    That's great to hear! I'm working up the nerve to get mine and this helps encourage me. Do you know why they are only giving pfizer and moderna to those under 40? Seems kind of odd. What are they giving those over 40?

When I do go, I'm going to get pfizer, I'm over 40 and grateful there's no such rule here.
    I'm glad it helped! In the UK they are still giving over 40s pfizer and moderna too, but they are also giving them AZ. Both my parents and grandma had pfizer but other people I know over 40 had AZ.

They just aren't giving under 40s AZ because of the very very rare risk of blood clots with it, I think under 40s are ever so slightly more at risk of developing them but it's still a minuscule risk. I think this move to only give under 40s pfizer or moderna was more to inspire vaccine confidence than anything!

I'm glad I had pfizer not because I think AZ is unsafe but because I know I would get anxious if I had it! I would have taken AZ if there was nothing else though.

Hope you can get your vax soon, you'll be absolutely fine!

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post

I just re read my original post and it was worded poorly! I will edit it. I meant to say under 40s will only get pfizer or moderna, over 40s may get AZ, pfizer or moderna 😅

Yay! Happy for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job and thank you!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well done! My 33 year old daughter had AZ before they changed the regs, and she's actually had a blood clot in the past following a C-section.

She was fine.

Great news and what a positive thread!

My nearly 30 year old daughter has had both AZ jabs as well and is absolutely blood clot-free one month on from 2nd jab. She is autistic and was terrified about having the 2nd jab in view of "developments" but made the decision to go ahead as she wanted to have as much protection as possible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information