Thread: Worried about my daughter

Worried about my daughter

For 3 years my daughter has suffered recurring belly pain around belly button and across stomach doctor always put it down to stomach migraines, I kept taking her back they would feel her belly, done a full blood count checked stool samples. All normal. Only recently referred her to pediatrician at the hosp, sometimes she feels the pain in chest so pediatrician prescribed her omoprozole for acid reflux, shes been on them since March but I've stopped giving them her as they dont seem to help, she had some. Blood taken to check for dairy wheat and egg intolerance, and a stool sample but the hospital lost the blood so have to redo it as they couldn't get any blood from her yest have to go back Friday, sometimes shes constipated or sometimes shes really loose, just wanna get to the bottom of it feel so bad on her, I'm think it could be ibs as after certain foods she has a flare up and she goes constipated or the other way quite loose, can you feel pain in chest with ibs or food intolerance? I'm hoping it's not chrones, but that of showed up in blood or stool sample of it was? Thanks

Re: Worried about my daughter

I’m not sure how old she is from your post, but my daughter suffers from this too sometimes.
    I try to cut out dairy, she has lacto free milk etc.

Try to get the tests done again? I got a bit confused as to whether she’d had them or not.

A friends daughter is going through tests for this too. They are thinking it might be a wheat allergy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou, shes 8, and no not had tests yet got to go back Friday to get more blood taken

Mine is 7 and we’ve had these issues since she had a bad tummy bug a few years ago.

It’s good to get tests done, but I also understand how helpless and worried you must be feeling. Hopefully it’s something that’s easily manageable and she’ll be back to normal soon.

Also, maybe you could try liquid gaviscon advance instead? That’s what the dr prescribed my daughter after she said she felt it going up to her throat.

Thread Information