Thread: I’ve being seeing occasional small twinkles/flashes. Seems to be affecting both eyes.

I’ve being seeing occasional small twinkles/flashes. Seems to be affecting both eyes.

I’m 29, and I think this has been going on for a while, but I’ve been noticing twinkles/flashes in my peripheral vision. This is so infrequent and the flashes/twinkles so small that sometimes I wonder if I’m not just imagining these, or if it has something to do with the sun or lights hitting the walls in my apartment. I have an eye exam scheduled 3 weeks from now, but I’m concerned that this might be associated with something serious, like a brain tumor or retinal detachment.

Re: I’ve being seeing occasional small twinkles/flashes. Seems to be affecting both e

I've been hearing weird chirps and high pitched whirring noises for weeks! I think it might be a brain tumor. Oh wait... it's the Cicadas....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: I’ve being seeing occasional small twinkles/flashes. Seems to be affecting both e

I've been having similar "problems" with my eyes for a year, but I had an eye test today, did all the scans they had available and my eyes are healthy. So if it's as infrequent for you as it is for me I'm sure you're fine

Quote Originally Posted by wasdhu View Post
    I've been having similar "problems" with my eyes for a year, but I had an eye test today, did all the scans they had available and my eyes are healthy. So if it's as infrequent for you as it is for me I'm sure you're fine
    I think I’m most concerned about the possibility of retinal detachment. I’ve heard of people with retinal detachments experiencing flashes of light, and I don’t want to lose my vision.

Beq... seriously.... Look at your post history. This is just another irrational fear due to hyper-focusing on a normal bodily anomaly that people don't even think twice about.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by beq45 View Post
    I’m 29, and I think this has been going on for a while, but I’ve been noticing twinkles/flashes in my peripheral vision. This is so infrequent and the flashes/twinkles so small that sometimes I wonder if I’m not just imagining these, or if it has something to do with the sun or lights hitting the walls in my apartment. I have an eye exam scheduled 3 weeks from now, but I’m concerned that this might be associated with something serious, like a brain tumor or retinal detachment.
    I and countless other people w/ anxiety have experienced this, if you let it dwell further I think you'll start seeing more complicated entoptic phenomenon and spiral. These things are absolutely normal so take it easy

Quote Originally Posted by ineedahobby View Post
    I and countless other people w/ anxiety have experienced this, if you let it dwell further I think you'll start seeing more complicated entoptic phenomenon and spiral. These things are absolutely normal so take it easy
    I seem to have a lot of these issues for someone who isn’t even 30 yet. On top of the vision issue mentioned here, I have chronic indigestion, Raynaud’s, constant twitching, cysts, eczema, tinnitus, etc. I feel like a mess compared to other people my age, and think it will be a miracle if I live past the age of 40. I’m already becoming more reclusive as time goes on because I don’t want to burden anyone with my issues

I've been getting these twinkles (or what I call little fairy lights/fireflies) on the edge of my vision since I've been in middle school at least, probably even earlier to be honest. I honestly thought they were really cool and pretty looking (still do). I am currently 23, so it's been at least a decade since this has started and I have yet to experience a detached retina or a brain tumor (I know this for a fact; I had an MRI done when I was in high school).

I also sometimes feel like I deal with a lot more health issues than others my age, but then I remember that I personally know multiple people my age or younger who deal with type 1 diabetes, celiacs, lupus, epilepsy, various cancers, idiopathic chronic hydrocephalus, and cyclic vomiting syndrome; so clearly there are many more young people than we might realize dealing with some pretty serious chronic health issues.

Thread Information