Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart tremors?

Re: Heart tremors?

Quote Originally Posted by bewilderedkettle View Post
    I'm currently not on Sertraline, and I'm on 5mg diazepam to help me sleep. The tremors have largely been dealt with thanks to it.
    Okay, but be aware that the benzodiazepines are not great sleep meds as tolerance to their sedating effects builds quickly, often within a couple of weeks. They also make anxiety and depression worse by inhibiting the growth of new brain cells in the hippocampal regions of the brain just as stress hormones do and block the neurogenesis mechanism by which ADs work. See: Boldrini M, 2014; Nochi R, 2013; Sun Y, 2013; Song J, 2012; Wu X, 2009; Stefovska VG, 2008.

yeah the diazepam aren't for sleeping, directly, but just to calm the tremors...

I'm thinking about restarting the zoloft at 25mg like you said, PDU. I'm just terrified about the tremors. They really prevented me from sleeping. I wouldn't, but the waves of depression I've been having have me worried.

How long do people take the 25mg for beofre moving up to the 50?

I'm thinking about restarting the zoloft at 25mg like you said, PDU. I'm just terrified about the tremors.
    You mentioned being on citalopram in the past. Did it also trigger tremors at the beginning and was it effective?

How long do people take the 25mg for beofre moving up to the 50?
    The rule of thumb on this is to increase (or decrease) doses no sooner than 5 times the half-life of the med, which for sertraline is 5 x 26 hours, so 5-6 days. Upping earlier may increase any side-effects, but delaying it for longer won't significantly reduce them no matter how long the wait, however, maybe give yourself an extra day or two at 25mg to build confidence.

Yeah I've been on Citalopram but it did not agree with me at all. I was on it for a while, but it just seemed to amplify the panic attacks I suffered, and it felt like they became more frequent. I could ask the doctor for another anti-depressant, but I'd love for these to work.

Yeah I will do as you say, increase up to 50 after a week. I'm really hoping the tremors do eventually wear off.

Thanks again

There are never any guarantees with ADs, but most of the initial SSRI side-effects do diminish within a few weeks.

Just an update for you, PDU. I've been on the 25mg for eight days now and I'm feeling alright. The anxiety/depression/disturbing thoughts are far less, and the tremors are pretty much non exist now, except for when I wake up anyway. I'll be taking the 50mg in a few hours, hopefully the side effects don't start kicking me head in after that. Lol

I've been on the 25mg for eight days now and I'm feeling alright. The anxiety/depression/disturbing thoughts are far less, and the tremors are pretty much non exist now, except for when I wake up anyway.
    That's great!!

I'll be taking the 50mg in a few hours, hopefully the side effects don't start kicking me head in after that.
    The side-effects may return for a week or two, or they may not. Only time will tell. But while side-effects may be unpleasant and/or scary at times they don't indicate harm, or say anything about the likely effectiveness of the AD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information