Thread: Throat Burning worries - advice appreciated!

Throat Burning worries - advice appreciated!

Hi,

So a bit about the situation, a few days ago after having a salad my throat had a strange itchy feeling…it wasn’t too bad and I suffer from hayfever so ignored it. The next day I woke up with a sore throat and a really strong feeling like something was pressing onto my neck (gobulus), I then started to notice that my throat would hurt if I ate anything chilli. Yesterday the soreness was better all day but again got bad after eating a chilli curry in the evening and today I’m suffering from a burning feeling from the top of the throat, all the way to the bottom. It’s been like this for 4 days… I do occasionally suffer from reflux when I’m stressed and stomach issues. Took a covid test and it’s negative and I don’t have a fever. Anyone got any ideas about what could cause this? Slightly worried about the “c” word. I’m 32, Non smoker and non drinker. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Re: Throat Burning worries - advice appreciated!

Could be a slight scratch that had started to heal but then the chilli irritated it again?

Re: Throat Burning worries - advice appreciated!

Hi Catkins,

Thank you for responding. I stopped eating chilli for a few days and luckily the weird pain in the throat has gone.

So I am feeling better. I do wonder if allergies can cause such a strange feeling in the throat.

Thanks again!

Thread Information