If anyone can help calm me down I would really appreciate it.

8 weeks ago I posted on here because I was worried about upper gastric pains I was getting. I saw a doctor and had the usual set of bloods done which all came back normal. The pains went away and would pop up occasionally but I was ok. Then last weekend I started to get really sharp stabbing pains in the front of my upper stomach on the left side just below my rib. I have worked hard to not react to it, but the last couple of days my anxiety has soared and I’m so frightened as to what’s causing it. I have an appointment with my GP which was already booked a while back for my meds review so I am trying to wait until then, but I’m spiralling. If I knew the pains weren’t anything to worry about I could accept them even though they hurt when they come.

I suppose my biggest worry is that it’s pancreatic cancer, which was what I was worrying about 8 weeks ago. The pains have been coming and going since the weekend, so nearly a week and throughout the day they come and go and are feel almost stitch-like. I’ve managed to hold it together at work today, but now I’m home the thoughts keep coming. I keep thinking that there really is something very wrong and can’t believe these pains can be anything other than something awful. I can’t blame it on gas or acid because I don’t have any issues with them. The fact that it’s on the left scares me, having read about the pancreas causing pain there and also the fact that it’s been going on for nearly a week.

I hope someone can help reassure me. I know no one on here is a doctor and cannot diagnose, but to know that others have had such pains with nothing nasty, would help a bit. Apart from the pains I have no other symptoms and have a normal appetite.
Can anyone relate?

X