Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Left sided pains in stomach just beneath ribs

Re: Left sided pains in stomach just beneath ribs

Thanks Cake

I have an appointment booked to speak to GP in a couple of weeks. I also had blood tests 8 weeks ago when I became scared of the pains then too. They were all normal. If I could guarantee that the pains were nothing to worry about then I wouldn’t be concerned.

The last couple of days the pains have felt more like quick little stabs in the area. I go from thinking it’s fine to pc throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ccake79 View Post
    I've had pains on my left side just below my ribs. I went to my GP as I was worried it was something serious after my Dad had just died of cancer (thymoma). She was very good. I was pretty sure it was anxiety but she offered an ultrasound scan and blood tests for reassurance. Everything was OK. The pain subsided and I only get it rarely now.

I think it's always worth seeing a doctor to get checked out and have that reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    Thanks Cake

I have an appointment booked to speak to GP in a couple of weeks. I also had blood tests 8 weeks ago when I became scared of the pains then too. They were all normal. If I could guarantee that the pains were nothing to worry about then I wouldn’t be concerned.

The last couple of days the pains have felt more like quick little stabs in the area. I go from thinking it’s fine to pc throughout the day.
    I would try and hold on for that GP appointment. For what it's worth, I would bet my house on it not being PC. Cancer just doesn't present itself the way you are describing.

Anxiouscow

Hi Anxiouscow

Hope you are well. Thanks your reply again, I really hope you’re right.
    Trying to keep busy at work as the distraction helps and for a while I feel fine, then I feel it again and the panic rises.
    x

Your previous thread started in April on the same subject proved to be no issues based on tests. I don't doubt you're still experiencing symptoms as you anxiety has been ramped up for months. I have a feeling all will be well again as far as medical tests go. Let us know what the doctor says

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Your previous thread started in April on the same subject proved to be no issues based on tests. I don't doubt you're still experiencing symptoms as you anxiety has been ramped up for months. I have a feeling all will be well again as far as medical tests go. Let us know what the doctor says

FMP
    Thanks Fish.

When I saw the doctor last time he just did basic bloods. Then the pains stopped and have come back occasionally which had t bothered me. This week when they started again I panicked. Sometimes is sharp stabbing centre left under rib, other times it’s right in the centre of upper stomach. I think people around me think it’s just anxiety after losing my Mum in March but I worry that they are dismissing me. I’m just so worried that it’s pc.
    Anyway, thanks for replying- I always love your no nonsense approach 😊

No matter what we say, I think you are fixated on pancreatic cancer. Nothing that you've said has described symptoms of pancreatic cancer, apart from vague pain, which is something that is very common. I think you need that GP appointment and to ask them why you DON'T have PC, otherwise this fixation is going to become an obsession.

Like I've said, nothing that you have said suggests to me you've got anything terminally wrong with you. It's just a fear that you can't snap out of. I know in your heart of hearts you know that it is probably nothing. Try not to spiral, and remember that it is highly unlikely you have anything wrong with you, because these pains have been around for a while and haven't progressed, which is something that is synonymous with cancer. It is progressive, and gets worse over time. Nor does it come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiouscow View Post
    No matter what we say, I think you are fixated on pancreatic cancer. Nothing that you've said has described symptoms of pancreatic cancer, apart from vague pain, which is something that is very common. I think you need that GP appointment and to ask them why you DON'T have PC, otherwise this fixation is going to become an obsession.

Like I've said, nothing that you have said suggests to me you've got anything terminally wrong with you. It's just a fear that you can't snap out of. I know in your heart of hearts you know that it is probably nothing. Try not to spiral, and remember that it is highly unlikely you have anything wrong with you, because these pains have been around for a while and haven't progressed, which is something that is synonymous with cancer. It is progressive, and gets worse over time. Nor does it come and go.
    You are so right I know Anxiouscow.

My GP ended up calling me earlier for my telephone appointment (prebooked) so I got to speak to her.

I explained my symptoms and she said she wasn’t concerned given my previous blood tests and the fact that the pain comes and goes. (AlthoughI have read so much stuff in the past where people say that the pain came and went for a while to begin with). Anyway she said she thinks it’s probably acid and that the anxiety and recent events won’t be helping.
    She advised I take some Gaviscon.

I feel calmer and am trying hard to not spiral every time I feel a stab of pain.

X

Listen to your doctor. As I've said and others have said, your symptoms do not give red flags for pancreatic cancer. You are fixated on it being PC and you can't see the facts.

Listen to your dr, they did a medical degree for a reason! Try and focus on the condition you do have, which is HA.

Best wishes

I’ve bern thinking about you flattercat, I’m glad you got to speak to your dr and they are reassured. I’m making my appointment on the holidays, which is next week, I’m just scared that I won’t be back to tell people the same. Everywhere I turn there’s cancer everywhere, and I think we’ll why not me?

Thanks for for updating us as so many don’t and I always wonder if there’s another reason we don’t want to know xx much love x

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    My GP ended up calling me earlier for my telephone appointment (prebooked) so I got to speak to her.

I explained my symptoms and she said she wasn’t concerned given my previous blood tests and the fact that the pain comes and goes. (AlthoughI have read so much stuff in the past where people say that the pain came and went for a while to begin with). Anyway she said she thinks it’s probably acid and that the anxiety and recent events won’t be helping.
    She advised I take some Gaviscon.

I feel calmer and am trying hard to not spiral every time I feel a stab of pain.

X
    There's a 'Told Ya So' in there somewhere

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information