Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibc fear

Ibc fear

So in January I realized I had a lot of veins around my boobs. My gyno said nothing. My dermo said nothing. Then I got this red mark which grew and now looks like a red bullseye. I went to my dermo and she said it looks like something tick related and said not ibc but she didn’t know much about ibc at all so that didn’t calm me down. No hot feeling, no swelling, no nipple issues. Has anyone ever heard of ibc looking like it has rings?

Re: Ibc fear

What you're describing sounds like a tick bite and I would see your GP as a bulls eye mark could be a deer tick.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I agree, you might need treatment for Lyme's as this sounds like it could be a tick bite. (Its not IBC)

My doctor said first step is blood work so he gave me a form for the Lyme test. I just keep staring at it and I’m so terrified of ibc. I’m 33 which is in the age range and the rash is growing. The circles are pretty present but my derm didn’t know anything about ibc so her saying it’s not cancer didn’t ease my mind. I keep googling it and looking at ibc rashes. I’ve cried for hours. I have two small babies and can’t imagine leaving them. I’ve heard of so many women misdiagnosed for months with something else and it’s ibc. I live in a city. No woods anywhere near me. I don’t hike and can’t imagine not realizing I was being bitten by a tick. The I don’t feel sick or anything else either.

Look at deer tick bites....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

It’s a very prominent set of red circles. Perfectly round. I guess ibc would spread outward and not remain in a perfect circle with white in it.

I just can’t picture where I could have been bitten

Quote Originally Posted by Smafraid View Post
    I just can’t picture where I could have been bitten
    Doesn't matter.... Can you get stung by a bee in the city? Same difference. Let us know what your doctor says.

FMP

Thank you. Blood work will take a few days and I decided to keep my appointment at the breast clinic. My husband says to keep it to ease my mind but in my head I’m keeping it so I can get the ibc diagnosis as early as possible. I hate this. I’m not sleeping. I’m checking this rash every ten seconds. Breaking into tears every single time my little guy hugs me. He has autism and is non verbal and I just lose my mind over the idea of him never understanding that I didn’t want to leave him. That I didn’t chose inflammatory breast cancer to take me at 33. I gave up alcohol a few weeks ago realizing my anxiety was making me drink more and God could I use a glass of wine right now.

Has ringworm been considered , it also produces a rash of circles like your description ? ( fungal infection, easy to catch )

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information