Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ibc fear

Re: Ibc fear

I also had that orange peel skin look in January
    No, you didn't have it. You imagined that normal skin was orange peel skin. Thats the difference. You are catastrophising and seeing the symptoms (rash) you do have as the most unlikely imaginable illness. You are putting together normal human bodily appearances, and changes, like veins and skin and coming up with something you are terrified of. Your doctor didn't refer you to the Breast Clinic, and that speaks volumes doesn't it IBC may be the fastest of BC types, but it sure aint appearing and changing in days !!

Tuesday. My mother really doesn’t even want to go with me because this isn’t the first time I’ve been certain of a fatal disease. I had a colonoscopy less than 1 year ago and the too was convinced. I also had that orange peel skin look in January which my doctor said was just large pores or hair follicles on my breasts (2 kids so large boobs but not nice ones) I really appreciate you helping so much through this with common sense and logic. When I get into this state I lose all common sense.

I promised my mother that after this, if I’m proven wrong , I will speak to someone about my anxiety. Health anxiety that I believe first started once I had my kids like this fear of leaving them and only got worse after my sons diagnosis of autism and the fact he’s nonverbal and relies so much on me. But I’ve always been a very anxious person in general.

I really really feel for you. That cold unbearable feeling of dread - of just desperately needing the relief of being proven wrong just this once more - and then you will seek help for your anxiety. You don’t have IBC. And please please do seek the help you know you need….. because, if you are anything like me, after the IBC will come something else.

What really stinks is that the rash could be indicative of Lyme but I honestly don’t trust myself to feel symptoms anymore. Like yes I’m exhausted and have a headache but I’m also incredibly prone to suggestion so what’s just my anxiety taking over and what’s really going on. Colon cancer I had pain in the exact spot where my colon is and where google said the pain should be. I’ve had muscle aches for years due to my anxiety and overthinking every inch of my body.

It really stinks! And yes, the body absolutely does this. Last week I was worrying about als and my body was twitching all over. Then I worried about pancreatic cancer and I had bowel changes and upper abdominal pain, then I worried about IBC and had breast pain and itching.

I've said this before, and I will repeat it, its the honest to goodness truth. I have met a couple of people during my working life who had nothing physically wrong with them, but were using wheelchairs and couldn't 'move' large parts of their body. One of them had muscles spasms, couldn't eat (tube fed), had a urinary catheter, could only move fingers and appeared incredibly disabled - it was all induced by the absolute belief and training of the brain to follow that belief. It had become so deep, so ingrained that it is hard for some people to imagine that the power of thought could take them to this level. They weren't pretending and faking it, as such, they had caused their bodies to respond that way through absolute belief. Neither of them now having any 'disability' at all !!! I'm not saying you are heading that way, it was extreme, but the mind can create and produce extreme responses, the human mind reacts powerfully to negative thought patterns and fears. So, yes, symptoms appearing in response to specific fears is possible.

That’s such an incredible point. Our minds have such power. Even last night I realized what looks like one tiny little hair follicle that had some blood more like a cut. Now rather than it being from my constant checking of my blood or even my son with his long nails losing it while I tried to cut them I said oh no it’s worse. I mean this is smaller than a pin head so God only knows how long it’s been there.

And mentioned this to my husband that pointed out the medicine I’ve applied a few times since yesterday can infact cause swollen hair follicles

Following on from what Carys said- there is actually a book about this very phenomenon
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's...ur_Head_(book)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information