Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ibc fear

Re: Ibc fear

Woke up this morning to put some more of the cream on (twice a day) and it seems like the outer ring is fading. The whole thing looks like it’s fading a bit and After around 20 days of a growing bullseye mark. A little redness around the area that when examined close looks like little purplish veins in certain areas. Still not 1/3 of the boob. I’m praying that the red is from the cream since it’s such a sensitive spot. Is it bad I’m praying for Lyme because at least there is hope. Losing that bullseye rash after is was so prominent is very disheartening

Quote Originally Posted by Smafraid View Post
    Losing that bullseye rash after is was so prominent is very disheartening
    'Disheartening'? You're disappointed it's getting better and it's not your worst fear? Still get checked for Lyme!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

When it had the bullseye rash I at least had an answer that wasn’t inflammatory breast cancer. Now that the bullseye is disappearing I don’t know if they would still take that as a clear sign of a tick issue. Which means now without the bullseye and the spreading of the red I can’t put my eggs in the curable basket.

Losing that bullseye rash after is was so prominent is very disheartening
    I really really don't understand this. A cream (not sure which cream and what for ?) is curing it, therefore there is no way AT ALL it can be IBC. Or its disappearing on its own as its P.rosea or its Lyme's and the bloods will show. All of this only shows that its NOT IBC. You need to start addressing your HA and the thinking driving it now, not when you have the 'all clear' after this one, as at that point the pressure is off.....until the next time......and there will be a next time, and a next time.....
    Last edited by Carys; 13-06-21 at 18:19.

I still don't really get it either. You were convinced you had IBC despite what was posted about the bullseye rash Anyway....I would still get checked for Lyme as that sounded like a bullseye rash associated with a tick bite. We have a friend who had long term untreated Lyme disease and she has issues to this day. I'm not one for running off to the doctor for every little niggle but I would definitely get that checked out.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I didn’t explain it right at all. I just meant that when the rash was a bullseye I saw a better outcome for my future. Once the rash started to turn into a more overall red thing instead of the bullseye my intense ibc fear popped back up. The cream is ultravate. She told me to use it for a week and then call her so maybe she is trying to rule out Lyme. I thought the best thing to do though was call my gp and get a quick Lyme test. I know how serious Lyme is and know people that have it very badly (parents friends so I know nothing detailed just they were very ill) so I didn’t mean to say it’s nothing. I just meant every site seems to have ibc as a 40 percent survival rate.

Any update on this Smafraid ? I think you had a breast clinic appointment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Any update on this Smafraid ? I think you had a breast clinic appointment ?
    Had my appointment at the breast center. The doctor didn’t come in it was the np that said I didn’t need an ultrasound or a biopsy. She didn’t even call in the dr and said it was not ibc. I cried I was so happy. Anxiety tested me when I said to myself I didn’t see the doctor but I realized I was in good hands and moved on! I had bloodwork for Lyme and it finally came back first was negative and the west blot had two panels that were positive but the doctor still said it’s negative. They do want me on an antibiotic though. Feeling very positive

Good to hear and well done for going to get checked out :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information