Quote Originally Posted by gillebro View Post
I am a bit of a stats person, yeah. And I do hear "uncommon", but I was definitely far happier thinking "ultra-rare".

I think the reason why a lot of HA sufferers, myself included, aren't as bothered by the idea of heart disease is that it can, theoretically, be prevented and treated. ALS can't, really. At least, not yet.
The way I see it now is that I do what I can to stay healthy - body and mind. Something is going to get me eventually; the same applies to us all. And if it's something like MND then at least I live in an age when there are good drugs and I will be made as comfortable as possible. Try to work on a daily basis with this fear? Tell yourself that while you cannot control potentially developing this condition, you don't have it now. You're healthy now, and now is all any of us really have.

As for the weekend, yes! I'm doing a test thing for a possible work promotion, then going for a run and spending time with my partner. Yourself?
Sounds good! All the best for the promotion and enjoy your time with your partner. Go make some memories!