Thread: Being in love with my bed

Being in love with my bed

This might sound ridiculous, maybe not I don't know. But I have a toxic love hate relationship with my bed. I spend most of my days and evenings in it and at the weekends I try and go out which I did today and I am so sick of feeling anxious. Anxious in the car encase we crash. Anxious of people. Then feeling low. And I miss my bed. When I should be spending quality time with loved ones all I can think is just a few more hours then I can go to bed again. I think it is the not having to think. Not having to do anything. But this isn't me. I am normally wanting to be up and about doing so much. Sorry for the rant. Just wish I could be more of the person I want to be than barely a person a thing that just wants to sleep

Re: Being in love with my bed

I think it is important to try and get up, showered and dressed. Even if you're just going through the motions and taking no pleasure in it at all at the moment.

I've had some really low times of late and sometimes it's been a struggle, but I do feel like I've achieved something if I do get up and about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarrush View Post
    This might sound ridiculous, maybe not I don't know. But I have a toxic love hate relationship with my bed. I spend most of my days and evenings in it and at the weekends I try and go out which I did today and I am so sick of feeling anxious. Anxious in the car encase we crash. Anxious of people. Then feeling low. And I miss my bed. When I should be spending quality time with loved ones all I can think is just a few more hours then I can go to bed again. I think it is the not having to think. Not having to do anything. But this isn't me. I am normally wanting to be up and about doing so much. Sorry for the rant. Just wish I could be more of the person I want to be than barely a person a thing that just wants to sleep
    I spend more time in my 'pit' than I'd like, but I don't really have any choice as it's a very painful health condition that puts me there..

You're not living cocker; you're existing and as much comfort as you get out of being in your bed (and feeling 'safe') it has become a prison of your own making - hence the love/hate relationship.

You can be the person you want to be - you just need some professional help (therapy) with your anxiety issues, and I think there's some depression in there too?

If you're prepared to put the effort in, you can turn this around..

I am sorry to hear of your health condition that must be difficult to manage. Thankfully I am getting support via a counsellor and job coach to find work. Without work I just struggle so much to find a reason to get out of bed. I will try and just do it anyway and find a reason. Thank you all for your comments and kindness

I have this problem.

I used to have a laptop and I'd just sit on my bed all day working away, because it was comfortable. I got fed up of this so I got a PC and sold my macbook. But, I then ended up turning my monitor and keyboard around so I can sit on the end of the bed at the desk. I don't think it's any different to sitting on a sofa, or a chair. But it's important to move around, stretch your legs, and do a little exercise. But, programming is my passion in life so I think that differs to just sitting in bed all day doing nothing. If you're doing that, it indicates depression.

Right now I'm sat on my office chair, at my desk, because I've had to break the bed habit. I have sooooo much more room.

You are absolutely not alone though. My mom works and gets about, but still spends her time at home in her bedroom in bed rather than at the sofa.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thank you I never thought of it like that, and I do hate my sofa with a passion it is so uncomfortable. But yes it is to do with my depression as well I am trying to get better step by step. Thank you for your kindness

I'm so glad I found this post. This is exactly how I feel. I feel so safe and comfortable in bed. It's like I don't have to think. Even getting up making lunch, cleaning etc there's too much time to think. I defianlty think it's a sign of depression that and my irritability, don't want to be around anybody, just want to be left alone. I'd say I'm experiencing depression which I think comes from the frustration of never ending anxiety. I think some goal setting would be good. Giving ourselves a certain amount of time in bed then time for other things like hobbies etc. Easier said then done tho!

Thread Information