Thread: Not sure if i want to take Zoloft anymore..

Not sure if i want to take Zoloft anymore..

I've been taking Zoloft for over a year, doses 25mg and 50mg. But i don't think i feel much better than i do without it, at all. My anxiety has been bad lately on Zoloft and i feel depressed too.. Also the meds make me feel tired alot which i don't like.

My question is, has anyone here quit Zoloft and improved, or did everything just go downhill after stopping Zoloft?

Re: Not sure if i want to take Zoloft anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Panda22 View Post
    I've been taking Zoloft for over a year, doses 25mg and 50mg. But i don't think i feel much better than i do without it, at all. My anxiety has been bad lately on Zoloft and i feel depressed too..
    I'm not surprised sertraline is doing little for you as 50mg is the usual starting dose with most needing to take 100-200mg for good results. Did you tell the prescribing doctor that it wasn't working and if so what was the response?

Also the meds make me feel tired alot which i don't like.
    Sertraline is not usually sedating, but some do get a paradoxical reaction. It also also be depression, not the med.

My question is, has anyone here quit Zoloft and improved, or did everything just go downhill after stopping Zoloft?
    As it probably isn't helping you much you likely won't be any worse off, however, how do you propose to treat the anxiety and depression? Increasing the sertraline dose would be the quickest way of getting a positive outcome. If you intend trying another antidepressant (AD) then in most cases you don't need to wean off sertraline first. Most can handle an overnight switch, or short cross-taper to an equivalent dose of another SSRI, SNRI or TCA AD.

I urge you to discuss your options with your doctor before quitting, or making any other changes.

Re: Not sure if i want to take Zoloft anymore..

I cross tapered to 10 mg Lexapro
    Much better for me anyway,

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thread Information