Thread: Sorry posting again... heart vibration!

Sorry posting again... heart vibration!

I ran up two flights of stairs with my baby and when I got to the top my heart was pounding, then I started experiencing heart palps and then I got this awful vibrating feeling in my chest! It feels like a mobile phone was buzzing inside my chest!
    im waiting on a call back from a doctor but I’m really worried about this, has anyone had the same?
    it has stopped and it hasn’t happened again yet but I’m scared to even climb the stairs

Re: Sorry posting again... heart vibration!

Sounds like it's from the exertion of running up 2 flights of stairs carrying a baby combined with anxiety.

When I'm anxious I often get weird feelings in my chest as well as palpitations. Usually if I tell someone I've been a bit wobbly, it's because I've had a wobbly feeling in my chest. Strangely it's not so much where my actual heart is located. With me I know it's just my anxiety.

Sounds to me like you've exerted yourself. It happens to me when I walk up flights of stairs. It isn't abnormal to feel your heart beating after exertion.

As it has stopped, it would definitely seem to me to be exertion combined with anxiety. When I get palps after exercising, I go back down to the gym, because it is usually a sign that I'm not as fit as I could be. Doesn't sound like anything serious to me but if it happens when you are just resting, I would speak to a GP.

I did speak to the doctor who said she thinks it was some form of heart palpitation and she wasn’t concerned. But I could come down for a check next week if I wanted.
    but ever since this happened my heart is constantly racing, I feel like I’m not breathing properly. I’m so aware of my heart beating it’s awful. I was in the shower and I felt my pulse and I could feel my heart just racing in my chest

I feel the same way sometimes. I live on a hill, so to get to the village I walk down the big hill. To get back I have to walk up it, with shopping. There's 3 flights of stairs en route back. My heart always beats fast by the time I make it up the last steps to my front door. It's normal. I have anxiety too and sometimes the anxiety creeps up because my heart is beating fast. When this happens it will usually start beating even faster because I'm scared. At that point things spiral out of control until I relax myself/

If the medications help you I'd advise sticking with them. I'm on a stack of meds for my mental health issues and I hate taking them .... but without them I am a wreck.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Everything that you are describing is caused by anxiety.

Breathlessness, palpitations, not feeling like you are breathing properly. That is all anxiety compounded by the fact you have made yourself believe that you have a heart defect.

Your doctor swore an oath to protect you. If the doctor isn't concerned, then trust me, it's nothing to be afraid of.

Also, being overly aware of bodily functions (such as being hyper aware of pulse) is a prime HA symptom. I've had all these symptoms before and I'm not dead yet.

It's sad to see you back in the rabbit hole Chlobo

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information