Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly have COVID

Possibly have COVID

My son has been ill since Wednesday with sore throat, cough, temperature etc. Home tests showed it was not COVID, but I am not confident about the home tests.

I've woke up today with razor blades in my throat. Feeling very tired and could easily sleep all day. I go hot and cold too.

These are the symptoms of the Indian variant.

It might be. It might not be. It is what it is. Felling rough either way.

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam
    Diagnosis: Panic disorder, General anxiety, Agoraphobia, Depression, Aspergers.

Re: Possibly have COVID

The home test kits are ok but PCR testing is the gold standard at the moment. You should probably go and get tested. Itís likely to be a common cold or whatever, but the way things are itís only sensible to be sure you arenít spreading this without knowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    The home test kits are ok but PCR testing is the gold standard at the moment. You should probably go and get tested. Itís likely to be a common cold or whatever, but the way things are itís only sensible to be sure you arenít spreading this without knowing it.
    I'm sure I recall at some point last year you suspected that you might had caught Covid.

At least you will have been double jabbed as your son's registered carer whether you've got Covid or not. I hope it's just something routine but best that you all stay at home until you know for sure.

I hope you feel better very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm sure I recall at some point last year you suspected that you might had caught Covid.
    I had it in October.

Ah, the very thread WIC started last year that I mentioned but couldn't remember exactly when, but happened to be in early-mid September.

Seems like it was a false alarm for him back then.

Yeah the lad picks up all sorts and then passes it down to us. If I haven't had it yet I've been incredibly lucky.

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam
    Diagnosis: Panic disorder, General anxiety, Agoraphobia, Depression, Aspergers.

I would definitely get tested.

I had a scare just before Christmas - I was in a car with a work colleague who tested positive 3 days later. I had no symptoms but to be on the safe side I had a PCR test (that came back negative) as soon as I could. I still had to isolate, but at least I knew that that test was negative - I had my test 5 days after exposure.

The tests are simple and currently easily available. So I would just go for it.

I remember that you also thought you were one of the first people to have it in Feb 2020 or thereabouts...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information