Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back after so long

Back after so long

I’m really disappointed that I’m back here. I’ve been quite stressed lately as I just lost my oldest brother a few weeks ago and we are all devastated, and we lost his wife just eight months ago. Also my sister in law has BC (though the prognosis is v good) but it all seems to be sadness and misery of late. So maybe I’m more sensitive than normal as I am really worried about something.
    I have a mark on my leg that I’ve had for several weeks now. I had a very small mole on my shin and I’m not sure whether I accidentally shaved it off when I shaved my legs, it just appeared there one day. I thought it would just heal and go away as it seemed to get smaller but it didn’t go. It is about the size of a pencil end and pinky red colour. It is slightly raised and a bit rough to feel and two tiny spots around it but not connected to it. I’m just so scared it’s something bad and i won’t be able to cope. I know nothing about bad moles or marks or SC which is obviously my worry, anyone had anything similar? Thanks.
    Last edited by CeeCeeCee; 14-06-21 at 20:11.

Re: Back after so long

Nothing? No one?
    I’m at docs tomorrow to have it checked but thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCeeCee View Post
    Nothing? No one?
    I’m at docs tomorrow to have it checked but thanks anyway.
    I would hold off until you see your GP. It sounds to me like you've caught the mole shaving hence why it has changed colour etc.

It doesn't really sound like SC, but on examination your doctor will know whether you meet the risk criteria, but I think you'll be fine.

Let me know what happens

Anxiouscow

Thank you so much for your reply, I thought no one was listening �� I know it’ll be better once I’ve spoken to doc but I feel like I’ve regressed with my HA, I have been doing reasonably well. I just hope he says it’s just a result of shaving the mole, but also worried he refers me too. I’ll let you know for sure and thanks again ��

I would also advise, once he has given you the all clear, to make sure you have a conversation about your anxiety.

Yes, I have gone this and as I said above, have been doing well, it’s over a year since I’ve been on here so that’s testament to that. A lot has happened though to cause me to sink a bit again. I’m actually quite proud of myself ��

So sorry to see you here again because of a relapse. There seems to be a lot going on for you, well done though for being so pragmatic and seeing the dr, I’m sure it will be just because of the shaving, and then I hope you are back on the road to recovery. Sending hugs x

Thank you for the reply and reassurance, it did take a bit of courage as I hate going to the docs but I know it’s the right thing. I’m just hoping I’ll come away without needing a referral and it turns out to be nothing ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCeeCee View Post
    Thank you for the reply and reassurance, it did take a bit of courage as I hate going to the docs but I know it’s the right thing. I’m just hoping I’ll come away without needing a referral and it turns out to be nothing ☺️
    Let us know how it goes

Anxiouscow

Well the doc says he’s not concerned about it. He thinks it’s probably that my mole was irritated and it’s maybe got infected. I have some topical cream to put on it, he said to monitor it over a few weeks and if no better to go back as there’s other things to take into consideration, though not anything bad 👍
    I'm so relieved. Thank you all for your support 🙂

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information