Thread: Anxious about work on house

Anxious about work on house

Hi,

I have found lots of helpful, historical threads but just needed a kind response if there's anybody about!

I'm back on Prozac after I realised my anxiety symptoms were creeping (scurrying?) back, and it's only been three weeks so not quite kicked in yet although I can feel it beginning to work.

I have had a hugely anxious time as my kitchen floor had to be taken up (horrible old quarry tiles) and I've had loads of expenses on random items - I've coped pretty well but this last hurdle has my heart pounding. I 'know' in my head that it will all be fine and am practising breathing and mindfulness but this morning I have a slightly pounding heart - I've logged on early at work to keep myself busy.

It's a really specific thing. When the flooring company rang to check the appointment, I mentioned the fridge and washer and she said, "We don't lift things, they can't unplumb washers because of insurance if they don't work." I replied that I'm a 60 year old woman and certainly won't be shifting anything heavy. She had a word with a colleague and came back to the phone and said "We'll send two men." She didn't mention any extra price (I have a written quote) but tbh I don't mind ten quid extra or so. I've moved my whole room round so there is room (just!) for a fridge and washer, and they don't need to put it back in cos I've ordered a long-overdue new washer for Thursday.

So very specifically, I just want reassurance from people who've been there. I am usually really good at visualising something I'm dreading being over, I have ALWAYS ALWAYS had kind and helpful workmen, they OBVIOUSLY won't expect a short, older woman to shift things but...

...brain is not playing!

HELP please! Talk some sense into me!

Re: Anxious about work on house

You won't be expected to do any heavy lifting because these 2 men will be taking care of all the manual work. Yes I expect you will have to pay a nominal fee for the labour but it will be well worth it. You have told them your circumstances and they have sent in reinforcements!

I'm your age and have always paid for an installation service. I've never had to lift anything.

I do understand your anxiety over this but looking at it from my end, I think you've covered all bases.

Enjoy your new kitchen floor! I've still got grisly torn lino so am very envious!

Re: Anxious about work on house

Thank you!

Anyway a load of workmen have just arrived next door so we're not short of muscles

I had quarry tiles, I always hated them and then they started cracking and moving around, they were really dangerous!! The day before I had them lifted they killed my favourite mug...

Thread Information