Thread: 4 weeks this thurs since cervical screening test still no result

4 weeks this thurs since cervical screening test still no result

Hi,

I am based in the UK. I had my first cervical smear done 3 and a half weeks ago. I was told that the results would take up to 2 weeks and I would get a letter.

I phoned the doctors today and they said my result still isn't in and that they will phone me.

I am really freaked out by the fact this is taking the amount of time it is and that they said they would phone me rather than send a letter like they had said previously.

Does anyone else in the UK have a similar experience to this? I have convinced myself the reason it has taken longer is because something is wrong and that is why they think they will need to phone me.

My friends all got theirs back super quick in a similar area to me. It is really freaking me out :(

Re: 4 weeks this thurs since cervical screening test still no result

I think they're probably just really behind with letters. I always think that no news is a good sign rather than the other way round. If there was something wrong they would probably have been in touch before now.

Sounds normal to me.

I had a colonoscopy and biopsies taken on 19th May and they said the results would be 10 days - I am still waiting to hear.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I know that you are right but I cant help but keep spiraling because the NHS site says it wont take more than 4 weeks :(
    I was hoping that maybe someone else has had a similar experience recently with waiting for results and it came back clear.
    At the moment ive convinced myself its taking longer because they are having to do further tests on the sample because the results are bad :(

There are loads of similar posts to this and yes the results were late but all came back clear.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had my smear in March and it took 4+ weeks for the results to come back. Mine were all clear xx

I had mine done earlier this year (I think?) and it was about a month to get the results.

Thread Information