Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lump on right leg, scared to call a Dr

Re: Lump on right leg, scared to call a Dr

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsays64 View Post
    That's great to hear, glad your experience ended positively 🙂 And I'm sure you're both right! I have an appointment with my Dr next week, but I think I'm gonna ask for some anti anxiety medication for now till then just to make the week less stressful.
    For what it's worth, I recently had a soft tissue sarcoma scare. I had a squishy lump below my left knee, which turned out to be bursitis. When I spoke to the orthopedic doctor who examined me and diagnosed me, I asked why she didn't think it was a soft tissue sarcoma.

Sarcomas grow quickly and do not move around. They are also usually hard. In two months it would be very noticeable by now if it was sarcoma. Sure, go ahead, see a GP to reassure yourself and get it checked out to see if it is a genuine health concern, but if is unbelievably unlikely to be anything sinister.

Anxiouscow

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsays64 View Post
    Wow thanks for the empathetic reply, really appreciated.

I've rung my GP, I will hopefully hear from them soon.
    You phoned your GP didn't you?

I am empathetic as it goes, but I also know a lot about health anxiety.

Reading your post, you come across an avoider and I didn't want to go with the 'tea and sympathy' approach with you because avoiders are looking for any excuse not to go to their GP's. There's anxiety, and there are physical issues which need looking at - such as lumps!

If you phoned your GP on the back of my comment, then it's job done. What matters is that you took responsibility for your health.

Simon, I have three sons, and I would want someone like me to kick them up the @rse - not say anything that might give them false reassurance..

I apologise if I've caused offence, but I'd also rather you be offended than not go to your GP with this.

Similarly, I'm not exactly appreciative of your passive-aggressive response - which confused the hell out of me until I read the other comments! If you have a problem, talk to me, not about me.

I hope all goes well at the doctors.
    Last edited by NoraB; 17-06-21 at 08:16.

Then I apologize for how I reacted, i let my emotions at the time get the better of me and took it out on you.

I spoke to a Dr today regarding medication just to help with the panic I'm currently feeling and she was so foul to me I actually have a telephone meeting tomorrow with the manager of the Drs surgery. Spoke to me like I was less than human and ended the call in the most patronising way. Very unprofessional and I left the phonecall feeling worse.

Oh no! I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Hi all. Tomorrow is the day I go to the Dr to have this thing checked out, and I am really crapping myself at this point. Struggling to keep myself calm, it's just a big old mess. Logically I know it's much more likely to be benign, especially as when you touch it you can feel some kind of liquid in it, but still. Anxiety is such a pain, been waiting now for CBT for 3 months and have another 2 months to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information