Thread: Panic attacks

Panic without rapid heart rate

Hi
    I just wanted to know if anyone else gets panic attacks without the usual hyperventilation. I am getting frequent panic attacks (I think they are panic attacks as I've had other illnesses ruled out) out of nowhere. I don't even feel anxious, the symptoms I get are a sudden feeling of impending doom, huge adrenaline rush, shaking and feelings of numbness in face and/or hands, palpitations and depersonalisation. Depending on the situation, I can sometimes calm these quickly, other times I can get a run of them.
    If anyone else gets these type of attacks I'd love to know as I feel like I'm going mad. Also, if you do, how do you cope with them/calm yourself quickly? Thanks.
    Last edited by JoM; 16-06-21 at 11:57.

Re: Panic without rapid heart rate

This is me all the time atm, doctors told me I have panic disorder but sometimes my panic attacks are different

Re: Panic attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Nattynoonoo1990xx View Post
    This is me all the time atm, doctors told me I have panic disorder but sometimes my panic attacks are different
    I'm sorry you are going through this but also glad I'm not the only one. Although on one hand I feel like I want this to be anxiety, I find it really hard to believe my brain is doing this. I've had full blown panic attacks in the past and this feels different. I guess our minds can be so powerful... Feel free to message me x

Thread Information