Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you had anxiety so bad you never thought you'd get better?

Have you had anxiety so bad you never thought you'd get better?

And that it would affect your health negatively for a long time?
    It is how I feel when I have anxiety. I feel like my health will be negatively impacted by my anxiety later in life. I feel like I will never full get over anxiety and that I'll always be an anxious person, both generally and socially. I worry that certain scenarios will trigger my panic attacks even if I eventually get over my anxiety. It's frustrating.

Re: Have you had anxiety so bad you never thought you'd get better?

Oh, heck, yes.

Anxiety is a lifelong condition, I think. The good news is that while it may not be curable, it's definitely manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_P View Post
    It is how I feel when I have anxiety. I feel like my health will be negatively impacted by my anxiety later in life. I feel like I will never full get over anxiety and that I'll always be an anxious person, both generally and socially. I worry that certain scenarios will trigger my panic attacks even if I eventually get over my anxiety. It's frustrating.
    Yes, I had it between August 1991 and March 1994 concerning emetophobia, until I started taking Stelazine towards the end of the latter month.

Didn't cure the actual emetophobia per se, but definitely helped treat the symptoms of mass anxiety, even though said medication is now allegedly discredited as it's been known to cause tardive dyskinesia over time, which is what happened to me.

I now take Sertraline and when necessary, Lorazepam.

I had a mental breakdown due to health anxiety..

Yes. I am in a dark place at this time and do not see much light at the end of the tunnel. Anxiety is brutal right now.

AuntWithIssues, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    AuntWithIssues, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now.
    Ditto from Lencoboy here.

My rough patch back in the early-mid 90s I mentioned upthread (most ironically) was probably more traumatic than this pandemic has been for me so far. Probably because it also coincided with adolescence, which even at the best of times is an extremely turbulent period for pretty much every living person between the ages of 12 and 17 with one foot still stuck in childhood and the other in early adulthood, but usually settles down once past the age of 18, as did with me.

I think emetophobia and anxiety in general, particularly amongst teenagers (and definitely those with ASD) were still poorly understood back then, plus we were often regarded as a hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_P View Post

im 41 and this is where I am right now!! Worrying what I’ve done to myself x

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

What do you think you've done to yourself, Sarah? What evidence have you got of "damage"?

Quote Originally Posted by AuntWithIssues87 View Post
    Yes. I am in a dark place at this time and do not see much light at the end of the tunnel. Anxiety is brutal right now.
    Sorry you're struggling A. You do see some light though? A pin-prick will do. And each time you stick the Vs up to fear, the light grows bigger and bigger..

If you can imagine all these diseases, then you can imagine that light getting bigger and you walking purposely towards it. You might stumble and fall along the way, but it's not the falling down that matters; it's the getting up.

Anxiety may be kicking your @rse at the mo, but this is where strength and courage come in, and what you perceive as 'weakness' is actually the reverse..

This is a well used cliché but it's also very true - you are stronger than you think! X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information