Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you had anxiety so bad you never thought you'd get better?

Re: Have you had anxiety so bad you never thought you'd get better?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    AuntWithIssues, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Ditto from Lencoboy here.

My rough patch back in the early-mid 90s I mentioned upthread (most ironically) was probably more traumatic than this pandemic has been for me so far. Probably because it also coincided with adolescence, which even at the best of times is an extremely turbulent period for pretty much every living person between the ages of 12 and 17 with one foot still stuck in childhood and the other in early adulthood, but usually settles down once past the age of 18, as did with me.

I think emetophobia and anxiety in general, particularly amongst teenagers (and definitely those with ASD) were still poorly understood back then, plus we were often regarded as a hindrance.
    Thanks! Found out I will not be returning to the office anytime soon and I am not happy about that as working from home is a big time cause of my anxiety at the moment. So sad about so many things. Been discussing the possibility of meds with my therapist, looks like I may need to escalate that process as I can barely function most days.

Hi there, I haven’t been on this site since 2012. I started on cipralex back then and I have done very well on it for years, with a few blips along the way which upping the meds a bit always took care of, and reduce dose once I’m stable. This spring I could feel the anxiety coming, and being proactive I upped the med a bit about 8 weeks ago. Doesn’t seem to be working as well. 3 days ago I ended up in emerg, hyperventilating with my hands, arms, legs going into violent cramps. Had anyone ever experienced that with anxiety? It’s happened about 3 times like this in the last few years. Terrifying. I’m almost 60 and here I am still fighting this…I feel so alone. Sitting here can hardly breathe. No more know what triggers this than I did years ago. A switch gets flips and it stays on. Need to hear from somebody who understands, I feel like I have no control no matter how hard I try.

Yes i feel like that right now, but I am having CBT therapy so I am hoping this helps.. We are strong people us anxiety sufferers, stronger than most. It is alot to put up with and is exhausting on a daily basis. Really hope you feel better soon, do try CBT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information