Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled vax twice already

Cancelled vax twice already

Up until it was my turn, I was so for the jab. I was irritated at anti vaxxers but my anxiety has sort of allowed me to see sense in their thinking and I hate myself for it. I know it's my anxiety making excuses for not having it but everyone I know has had their dose, at least once.

My concerns are my recurring ear infection, still non the wiser what's causing them and doc has no referred to ENT which will take how long. Is it conductive hearing because wax or a tumor. She said my eardrum is opaque and I have 50% wax. I know when I get a cold last two times it went into my ears and I'm scared of causing more damage to an issue I'm not sure what it actually is.

I know the vax causes flu symptoms that's my reasoning. I've just booked for a 3rd time now and still not sure I'll follow through. Hope that makes sense and someone can reply.

Re: Cancelled vax twice already

Get it done, feel crap for a day and then feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    . Is it conductive hearing because wax or a tumor.
    I have conductive hearing loss but no wax or tumour.

I know the vax causes flu symptoms that's my reasoning. I've just booked for a 3rd time now and still not sure I'll follow through. Hope that makes sense and someone can reply.
    You're going to feel a bit crap for a few days, but nothing that some OTC painkillers and Netflix can't fix - and then you'll be fine. Just go H. It's over in a second...

Let’s be honest, if you don’t get it then it’ll just end up being another thing for you to fret over won’t it?

Some people get a reaction that makes them feel a bit crap, some don’t. I had no reaction at all, not even a sore arm. I know people who have spent the day in bed after it and described it as feeling like a pretty bad hangover.

It’s up to you, but I’d always advise anyone to be vaccinated against this bloody virus.

I believe it has also been said that side-effects post-vaccination are no indicator of how effective the vaccine has been in an individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    . I had no reaction at all, not even a sore arm.
    Jammy git!

I've honestly not heard anyone (except you) say that, Gary. Are you human?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Jammy git!

Physically, yes. Emotionally, not so much.

I had the Pfizer and honestly with the first I didn't really notice anything except for a sore arm and with the second I had aching joints for maybe a day or two, but I don't think I even needed to take painkillers.

But the relief of knowing I had some protection far outweighed anything else.

I am also incredibly proud that my 24 year old son is going on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I’d say ask the person vaccinating you about the ear thing for peace of mind. But I highly doubt that will disqualify you. Also, the flu like symptoms are by and large limited to headache, fever/chills, and body aches …. not congestion or things like that which would trouble your ears.

You can do it! That you keep trying is a sign that you’re overcoming your fear. Just be kind and patient with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Jammy git!

I was the same. I've only had Pfizer once but all I had was a tingly soreness, like a bite, that came on after about 20 mins and lasted 30.

After reading what everyone on here has had I expected a few rough days. My brother and his GF had no issues either (they're mid fifties).

Yes, it's just anxiety stopping you, Reb. I'm glad you reasoned this and saw how anti vax propaganda can affect people susceptible. You still went ahead and booked so you know you don't agree with them. You can do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information