Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help please? Major blip right now

Re: Help please? Major blip right now

I've been going through a blip myself. A bit of a bounce between anxiety and depression. I have a good day then I'm reminded the next day how I felt before the good day.
    I've also let my meditation slip along with other calming methods. The truth being I really don't want to spend every day and most of it assisting my anxiety into its box so I understand Blue how this happens.
    Blips happen from time to time and it's normally a cumulative amount of worry and stress that causes this.
    I know for you Blue that your work is not the easiest position along with a boss that can cause you upset. And not that long ago you had jury service which will have taken more strength than you realise. And I wouldn't mind betting that you are tired and just need to make time for some relaxation. It's so common to become niggly about such things like throwing away your sandwich box because everything becomes magnified when you are like this. A different mood may have had you laughing over this especially as a replacement costs no more than a few pounds.
    I personally don't think a Dr could help you with this blip apart from up your meds and to be honest your friends on here who actually suffer the same thing is far more comforting and helpful to you.
    Blue, it's a phase that will pass as it has before. Shelve anything that isn't a priority and turn to the comforts that you need for this time. x

Thank you, Carnation, that's really helpful advice.

Feeling a little bit better already; I've realised it was the manager today who was being awful and not me. I know she needed me there to help pack up the stock, but some of the meetings I have to attend are essential and I haven't deliberately scheduled anything for that period.

Hey Blue !

I've not read all the replies on your thread, but sorry you are feeling so sh***y. Just remember that you are also going through some fairly unsettling and major hormonal changes, so don't underestimate that effect those can have on the likes of 'us'. Give it a bit of time, I hope and think you will find that along with some life events changing (term ending) that you start to swing back to feeling better.

Thanks Carys. I definitely had a weird PMS month this month (couple of weeks of severe breast pain, it didn't scare me but it was pretty miserable) and my horrible hormones tend to betray me in this muggy weather.

Can't wait to walk through the door tonight and go for a long cool shower.

I do hope you enjoy your cool shower and that it helps being with your husband this evening. I'm not sure that increasing your meds would help with life circumstances but maybe anticipating that break from work very shortly will be a good incentive for you to plan some good things that will absorb you positively?

I'd just warn you that Mind are snowed under with requests for help so if you do decide to ring your local branch there may be a delay in getting a response. There is no delay on here though

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Thanks Carys. I definitely had a weird PMS month this month (couple of weeks of severe breast pain, it didn't scare me but it was pretty miserable) and my horrible hormones tend to betray me in this muggy weather.

Can't wait to walk through the door tonight and go for a long cool shower.
    Carys beat me to it! I was going to ask where you were in the monthly cycle. Many times for me, especially since I stopped taking birth control, the hormones wreak more havoc with my emotions and mood than the stress does.

Also, how is your sleeping? If you're sleep deprived, your mood will be shot to hell as well.

Thanks, Pulisa and Vee.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately because of the heat, and because the kitten's been going through a feral phase Feeling quite a bit better this morning, I've been able to accept that I'm not the one being unreasonable at work. The manager upsetting me has a noted mean streak if she doesn't get exactly what she wants, and she normally doesn't get to me because while I like her well enough, I have zero respect for her and her casual spite.

Weekend's coming up and I have a new bread baking subscription box through, I'm more than capable of making bread without one but I love the recipe ideas. Fingers crossed I'll be able to keep feeling this positive.

Always good to have something to look forward to.
    Happy Friday x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are here if you "knead" support but the bread project should give you plenty to "dough" over the weekend and it's a project that you can get your teeth into!

Glad that you had a better night

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post

Weekend's coming up and I have a new bread baking subscription box through, I'm more than capable of making bread without one but I love the recipe ideas. Fingers crossed I'll be able to keep feeling this positive.
    I've been baking more and it's been helping me with my mood. Except for yesterday when I tried to bake a cake when I had a humdinger of a migraine and what came out of the oven was more 'write off' than Bake Off.

Sorry you're struggling mate. Wafting positive vibes your way. X

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information