Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help please? Major blip right now

Re: Help please? Major blip right now

Can Mr Iris chef tonight or have something easy for tonight. Please yourself today. Have a lie down with a comfort blanket or cover if that's what you need. x

Don't be hard on yourself BI. Shove a pizza in the oven, if the sofa is taken lie on the floor with a cushion.

Sundays you can do as little or as much as you want, especially after such a shitty week. I would advise sweet treats too (presuming you can have them). I may even go and buy a bar of chocolate and have it in your honour.

Hoping the day has been kind to you.

Sorry for the lack of response; I tend to withdraw a bit when I'm feeling off.

I suspect things are probably okay, but depression always makes me ragingly paranoid, so I'm struggling a bit because I'm so oversensitive and misinterpreting everything people say.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sorry for the lack of response; I tend to withdraw a bit when I'm feeling off.

I suspect things are probably okay, but depression always makes me ragingly paranoid, so I'm struggling a bit because I'm so oversensitive and misinterpreting everything people say.
    I'm sure you're not "ragingly paranoid", BI..More oversensitive to comments and feeling low due to the atmosphere at work? Do you know why your boss has always been "off" with you?

It's complicated, but... boss #1 (currently being okay) is the one who made my original position redundant several years ago; I probably said some things about her at the time (nothing like having to interview for a lower-paid job the day before skin cancer surgery) and things have been a bit uneasy ever since.

Boss #2 (currently being a pain in the rear) is pleasant enough until things don't go exactly her way, at which point she exhibits a nasty streak that any playground bully would envy. Normally I can ride it out - I have zero respect for her and I'm pretty good at laughing in her face when she tries to police what I eat or what other people wear - but it's not so easy when I'm already feeling low.

Blech, another meltdown at work. Wasn't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Blech, another meltdown at work. Wasn't pretty.
    Oh no! What happened?

I'd booked our end of term dinner at one restaurant at the request of the rest of the team, then two people changed their mind about where they wanted to go. It wasn't a huge problem except for one lady who was apparently gluten free and so needed to go to a burger restaurant.

I wasn't offended by the change of plans, but I was quite ticked off by her not wanting to tell me the truth, and I told her so. My boss then had a go at me over the group chat, I cried, and then she essentially offered me time off work for mental instability despite me being pretty much the least volatile team member.

It's sorted now, but I'm a bit knackered and it really wasn't helped by a particularly unpleasant student trying to intimidate me a minute ago.

Going to have a quiet afternoon now, hopefully.

Why couldn't the gluten free lady just have told you about her dietary requirements before you booked the first restaurant? Why wait for you to book it and then tell you?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information