Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had very weird dream last night

Re: Had very weird dream last night

Had another horrible dream last night about the bathroom at the residential school I attended back in 1986-88.

I used to be terrified of the area containing two baths that was sectioned off from the main area of said washroom where the toilets, washbasins and a single shower cubicle were situated, as being closed in from the main area, it was behind a wall separating the two areas, which meant it was windowless, and some of the other kids there as typically expected used to play pranks on me by turning the lights off in that bath bay area whilst I was in the bath, leaving me in pitch black. The main area had windows though.

I recall being sent to bed early by the staff there as a punishment for acting hysterically over said pranks, and it was as if the staff deliberately set me up by insisting I used the bath at the far end of the bay (the other bath cubicle nearest the entrance had to be passed through in order to access the 'far' bath cubicle, one of the craziest and most oddball designs/layouts ever, seriously what planet were the architects on who designed the building back in the mid-70s?).

I also recall suffering the torment of having to be bathed by that psycho barsteward staff member Mr. Norton as a punishment (sanctioned by my own female RSW) for laughing at another pupil deliberately repeating a word that made me laugh whilst in the minibus on the way back from a visit to the park that evening (I remember the exact date, Thursday 6th March 1986, just as the evenings were starting to get a little lighter), and Mr. Norton manhandled me in rough (non-sexual) ways as he grabbed me whilst I was attempting to resist him and fight him off, chucked me into the (far) bath, splashed water and shampoo into my face whilst washing my hair (very Winterbourne View-esque) and still had water down my nostrils when I sent to bed early as a further punishment, which caused me a fair amount of discomfort.

It's as if many these residential school buildings (and children's homes) were deliberately designed and engineered to intimidate and humiliate people, especially those like us Auties.

Similar things can also be said for certain council housing estates built in the 60s and 70s, as if they were deliberately designed to intimidate and basically encourage crime and disorder, though that's another story.

Sorry for yet another lengthy borefest!

I dreamt last night (or this morning?) that I was cutting a bloke's fingers off with a pair of scissors...

That'll teach me to watch Midsomer Murders before bed, eh?

In my dream it wasn’t his fingers I was cutting off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    In my dream it wasn’t his fingers I was cutting off.
    Hair, air supply, or genitalia?

I'll hazard a guess at the latter lol.

Last night's dead bizarre dream was about being in a B&Q-type store (as my current 44-year-old adult self) somewhere on the northernmost outskirts of Birmingham (which doesn't actually exist in real life) and I was told my 7-year-old self from 1984 was turning up to said store (as a 7-year-old child 'doppelganger' with ASD and the very same name as myself), and tried to escape from said store in severe shock and horror!

I also dreamt whilst in the same store I needed a wee really bad and beyond the door labelled 'Gents' was just an open (sink/urinal-sized) waste pipe and no proper toilets or urinals in sight).

I then jumped out of one of the store's windows that opened straight onto a golf course and was chased by some of the (irate) golfers threatening to bash me senseless with their clubs for interrupting their playing!

Really bizarre, scary and disturbing dream.

I dreamt a couple of nights ago that a cat pooped in the hanging basket I have a hosta in. I was furious.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I dreamt a couple of nights ago that a cat pooped in the hanging basket I have a hosta in. I was furious.
    Ewwwww!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Ewwwww!!
    I was very grumpy when I woke up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information