Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uterine cancer

uterine cancer

I am now convinced I have uterine cancer
    I have all the symptoms. My symptoms are more watery discharge, abnormal bleeding. Im obese, started my periods at 12 and I still have them at 55. I just had an episode of gushing/flooding blood for about 6 hours. It was just pouring out of me with huge massive clots then nothing but spotting after. I spot between periods. This has been going on for about a year on and off.

I thought this was peri-menopause but I don't thinks so anymore. The watery discharge with the flooding of blood has me so freaked out. I'll am doing is crying all the time. Why can't this just be normal menopause.

WHY CAN'T I JUST BE NORMAL?? I just want to rip my uterus and ovaries out of me

I've had no test done.I am terrified of doctors and tests. I think the waiting for test results would kill me. But not knowing is also going to kill me. I am so messed up right now. I feel this is the end for me. If I get tested and have cancer I will die. If I don't get tested I will still die . I can't do this anymore
    Last edited by always scared; 19-06-21 at 01:23.

Re: uterine cancer

I'm much younger than you but I had very similar symptoms when I was about 22. Turned out to be a harmless hormone imbalance. I have had clean paps since and birth control keeps my periods regular. Being around the age where menopause could be starting do you think yours could be hormone related as well?

To establish my medical phobia credentials here: I've managed to ignore a broken elbow (it spat out a bone chip six weeks after the injury) and let an incredibly obvious skin cancer grow on my face for five years. I have bad eyesight and haven't seen an optician in way too many years because what if they find a brain tumour? I absolutely understand the fear of tests and waiting.

With that said: SEE A DOCTOR. Chances are this is nothing, but you're absolutely right to be aware of the risks. If it really is what you fear, then get it dealt with and get on with your life. Uterine cancer is one of my major fears, too (also obese, and younger than you but getting to that time where periods start going weird) and from what I've read, a person can get these symptoms and still be at a stage where minimal treatment is required.

Please, please see a doctor and then keep us posted? We'll all be rooting for you, but telling internet strangers you're afraid is just wasting valuable time you could be spending getting this sorted.

It's what I hope I'll be able to do if I ever land up in your position.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    To establish my medical phobia credentials here: I've managed to ignore a broken elbow (it spat out a bone chip six weeks after the injury) and let an incredibly obvious skin cancer grow on my face for five years. I have bad eyesight and haven't seen an optician in way too many years because what if they find a brain tumour? I absolutely understand the fear of tests and waiting.

With that said: SEE A DOCTOR. Chances are this is nothing, but you're absolutely right to be aware of the risks. If it really is what you fear, then get it dealt with and get on with your life. Uterine cancer is one of my major fears, too (also obese, and younger than you but getting to that time where periods start going weird) and from what I've read, a person can get these symptoms and still be at a stage where minimal treatment is required.

Please, please see a doctor and then keep us posted? We'll all be rooting for you, but telling internet strangers you're afraid is just wasting valuable time you could be spending getting this sorted.

It's what I hope I'll be able to do if I ever land up in your position.

Thank you for your reply BlueIris

I probably shouldn't have read your post before going to bed. Im right back into another full-blown panic attack. "a person can get these symptoms and still be at a stage where minimal treatment is required" omg I can't breath

Use the fear as a motivator, then. Telling us how awful you're feeling isn't helping.

I really hope you weren't being passive aggressive with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Use the fear as a motivator, then. Telling us how awful you're feeling isn't helping.

I really hope you weren't being passive aggressive with me.
    Sorry if i came across like that. I didn't mean to. Your post just really scared me. I guess I was just looking for assurance and you gave me the truth that it may be cancer and I should to to the doctors.

it's probably already too late for me and it has already spread

I'm not going to reassure you in the face of genuinely concerning symptoms, sorry. I'm guessing there are any number of completely benign explanations for this, but there are also some that aren't.

I'm not a medical professional, I don't know you, all I can do is give you the same advice any sensible person would. You're in an awful, frightening situation, but you'll be living in this terrifying limbo until you start taking action to resolve it. From what I read, most cases of uterine cancer are in postmenopausal women, but you need to find out anyway.

Anecdata: my health anxiety completely vanished while I was dealing with my skin cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    I am now convinced I have uterine cancer
    I have all the symptoms. My symptoms are more watery discharge, abnormal bleeding. Im obese, started my periods at 12 and I still have them at 55. I just had an episode of gushing/flooding blood for about 6 hours. It was just pouring out of me with huge massive clots then nothing but spotting after. I spot between periods. This has been going on for about a year on and off.

I thought this was peri-menopause but I don't thinks so anymore. The watery discharge with the flooding of blood has me so freaked out. I'll am doing is crying all the time. Why can't this just be normal menopause.
    At 55, it's most likely that you're going through the menopause, but you need to see a doctor. Women have lots of issues with the reproductive bits - but it's rarely cancer - and even when it is, it's not game over these days but early intervention is key.

My parting with the periods happened relatively quickly compared to most, but I remember that, towards the end, I was having shockingly heavy periods. I had a bath one night and started gushing. The bath water turned bright red - looked like a crime scene! Clots? Check. Watery discharge? Check - except mine is due to atrophy.

My point is that I have had ALL your 'scary' symptoms, but I don't have cancer. So, cancer is by no means the certainty that you think it is, but you do need to see a doctor.

I've had no test done.
    I am terrified of doctors and tests. I think the waiting for test results would kill me. But not knowing is also going to kill me. I am so messed up right now. I feel this is the end for me. If I get tested and have cancer I will die. If I don't get tested I will still die . I can't do this anymore
    Of the two scenarios, there is only one viable option and that's to take responsibility for your health and make an appointment. You will be tested - bloods at the very least which will include the FSH test - but I imagine a referral to gynae (the right place) and then you will know what the problem is and you will have a plan - which the mind works better with as opposed to fearful imagination.

If it helps, I had a post-meno bleed and was terrified. This was a few years ago now. I was 100% convinced I had ovarian cancer like my mum had (she survived btw). I had a scan and hysteroscopy and my results came through on a Christmas Eve - no cancer. Yet, I was totally convinced it would be..

What can you live with? Going to the doctors, and it being the menopause or something totally fixable? Or not doing anything and continue as you are - which is the worst place to be for mind and body?

Be brave lovely. You're stronger than you think you are.

I really do think this sounds like menopause- but agree with others that a doctor is best placed to judge this. My neighbour bled constantly while in menopause so it happens. But do go to the doctor. Be brave and just do it xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information