Thread: Floaters in the eyes and spark type bits when looking at bright sky. Worried!

Floaters in the eyes and spark type bits when looking at bright sky. Worried!

Hi guys. So for as long as I can remember I've had floaters in my eyes. I have been wearing glasses for about 16/17 years since my teens. I'm now 32. I have been suffering anxiety for about a decade. It goes from mild to bad at times which obviously sucks. Anyway, I've recently had more floaters in my eyes and little spark type things when I look at the sky. It's hard to explain the latter things, but I've also had those for a few years too. I'm wondering if they are anxiety related and there's a connection. Obviously I need to book an appointment with the opticians, which I will do next week, but in the meantime I just wanted a little advice if you have any.

Re: Floaters in the eyes and spark type bits when looking at bright sky. Worried!

Floaters are pretty common - I've had them for years. I think anxiety and stress can exacerbate them and also induce the flashes you are talking about - if you are straining your eye muscles. I've had more problems the last 6 months due to the continued lockdowns - spending more time indoors, more laptop use with home working(not good as the back lighting on a laptop is not as good as an office-based PC). Sometimes when I go out into broad daylight I feel as if I am walking in a mist until my eyes settle and can focus again.

You could go to optician if you are worried but they will most likely just give you a prescription for stronger glasses. Personally I have 3 pairs of differing strengths for different types of activity - I alternate them in order to exercise my eye muscles.

Re: Floaters in the eyes and spark type bits when looking at bright sky. Worried!

I remember talking with my mother about the floaters in my eyes when I looked at the sky when I was about 10 years old. I'm 30 now and still have them. I'm sure its normal

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraimoar View Post
    I remember talking with my mother about the floaters in my eyes when I looked at the sky when I was about 10 years old. I'm 30 now and still have them. I'm sure its normal
    That's just it. We all experience anomalies. Physical, visual and otherwise. I have floaters and things that look like worms floating in my vision. The thing is, I have to purposely look for them in order to see them. Otherwise, I don't see nor give them a passing thought. With HA sufferers, it seems, they focus intentionally or not, on these normal anomalies and turn them into something bigger than they are

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 19-06-21 at 22:09.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’ve always had this when looking at the sky, floaters and the ‘spark type things’. I always likened the sparky things to tv static and just assumed it was from being on the computer or watching tv too much! I must say that I never actually noticed the floaters until I read about them on here lol.

Anyway, like others have said, I think it’s normal but anxious minds tend to focus on it more!

I’ve got floaters in my eyes and I went to the optician recently who said my eyes are healthy. Its totally normal and mine can be quite irritatingly visible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a few really noticeable ones a few years ago, I went to opticians and they told me it's totally normal and that most of them will eventually settle at the bottom of your eye out of your line of vision - and they did 👍

Thread Information