Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta variant

Re: Delta variant

Cyril had done loads of posts over the years but then deleted them all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Also, Nancy, you're assuming that you will have adverse reactions. Many of us on here, myself included, had no adverse reactions, not even a sore arm.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "Cyril" last posted under this username back in 2015
    I just found it a bit odd as it had a familiar anti-vax ring to it, appeared to be targeted and the country flag is very familiar too

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Cyril had done loads of posts over the years but then deleted them all.
    Just about sums up Cyril's contribution to NMP then.

Not sure that any of the anti vaxxers' argument on here has ever been persuasive or well presented. Mostly aggressive threats and dramatic prophecies of doom and impending death better suited to the big screen. It would be good to hear from someone reasonable who has chosen not to be vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Nancy, am I right in thinking you had covid before? I think we spoke about it when I had it too.

If so, I would say that the side effects from the vaccine were 50x better (not exaggerating) than how I felt when I had covid. I did feel particularly awful when I had covid, but it was definitely only a mild case and I still feel lucky for that. I wouldn't want to risk having a more severe case - my boyfriend was really quite unwell and we both want to do anything possible to avoid that again - but even the mild case I did have was horrible and I wouldn't want to go through that again.

I don't think there is a risk of clots for Moderna and Pfizer, and all other side effects are very very manageable.

On the other hand, there is a huge risk of clots from severe covid, as well as countless other illnesses. The Delta variant in the UK is really getting through the unvaccinated population, so I would really really recommend getting it.

I know its scary - especially when people are spouting anti vax nonsense everywhere, but try to just focus on the facts. The vaccine WILL protect you.

If you use instagram, I recommend taking a look at these profiles:
    science.sam
    sciencewhizliz
    twodustytravelers

The first two are scientists involved in immunology and the last account is an ICU nurse (she was a travel nurse before covid hit hence the name). They have lots of great info saved in their highlights

You can do it!
    elizabethalice thank you so much for your reply, yes I did have covid last November.

I am going to do some reading on the profiles you shared. I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    ox

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Also, Nancy, you're assuming that you will have adverse reactions. Many of us on here, myself included, had no adverse reactions, not even a sore arm.
    Yes, of course I am, thats the way the anxious mind works and its exhausting. :-(

Let your anxious mind digest some of the information which elizabethalice has posted? Don't base your decision on social media speculation. It's your choice and you have to weigh up the pros of getting protection from the vaccine against the cons of living in fear of getting a rare adverse reaction which will make you very anxious. Illness versus anxiety versus uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCyril View Post
    The people in this thread... LoL. I'm not against the vaccine. I'm against peer pressure. People can choose to do whatever they want.
    Maybe would’ve been a better idea to reply with that in the first place then, no?

Cases in Scotland have doubled in a day 2,000 to almost 3,000 yet 82% vaccinated how worried should we be could maybe see much higher infections than lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Cases in Scotland have doubled in a day 2,000 to almost 3,000 yet 82% vaccinated how worried should we be could maybe see much higher infections than lockdown?
    Dude, a quick look at your Scotland gov't website shows it's 2,167. That's not "almost 3,000". You have got to stop this. You watch the news all day long an catastrophize. It's time to get some professional help Phil.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information