Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta variant

Re: Delta variant

Well there's mass PCR testing in schools locally today.

But, I was relieved to see on the staff newsletter that there are still less than 5 people in hospital in North Cumbria. So still maintaining low hospital admissions - this is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It would just be a "try", Nancy? Don't tell anyone, just go and see how you feel when you are there?
    I think it would, I can't believe I'm such a baby. Thank you, ill keep you posted. ox

I was at the shops today and people almost bump into you which is annoying as I always worry a simple touch can spread the virus any thoughts? I am hearing of people cancelling plans due to knowing someone who had the virus so social things not happening either. Cases are still high which has made me feel like delaying my hotel booking a few months..I was in a busy shopping centre today but I want to enjoy my holiday without worrying COVID has gone high again?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I always worry a simple touch can spread the virus any thoughts? .... I want to enjoy my holiday without worrying COVID has gone high again?
    I don't know... just a thought... GET VAXXED?

Ohhh right... I forgot... Sorry

It’s pointless arguing with people like you are are pro lockdown pro mask pro vaccine. The forum is a cult and doesn’t respect the views of all in society. So on that basis I will not bother wasting my time arguing with people with a one sided opinion maybe argue with yourselves about that will work well.
    Yawn. I will click off this argument got better things to do. This topic is toxic as is the entire forum. I’ve gave my opinion I don’t care if you don’t like it.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I was at the shops today and people almost bump into you which is annoying as I always worry a simple touch can spread the virus any thoughts? I am hearing of people cancelling plans due to knowing someone who had the virus so social things not happening either. Cases are still high which has made me feel like delaying my hotel booking a few months..I was in a busy shopping centre today but I want to enjoy my holiday without worrying COVID has gone high again?
    Phil, you have asked this question a number of times in different ways, and last time I gave you this answer (and previous times) you have become annoyed. You keep asking what can I do to solve these problems, there is ONLY ONE solution, well a few really - wear masks, use hand gel, keep your distance - but most importantly get vaccinated. Getting your vaccines will solve all your concerns and mean you can go on holiday without fear AND it will mean future holidays outside the UK can be done. The consequences of non-vaccination are the fears you have and curtailing of life experiences in the coming months. There is NO OTHER ANSWER. (Apart from to sit at home and don't go anywhere for another year or more instead ?)
    Last edited by Carys; 24-06-21 at 16:22.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    I think it would, I can't believe I'm such a baby. Thank you, ill keep you posted. ox
    Nancy, we all have our weak spots on here so don't kick yourself, as hard as that is for us.

I think pulisa's suggestion is a great one. Don't put a big scary deadline in your head. With this you still have the choice to go through with it or if it's too much you can walk away. That's less pressure. Go in and do a bit of shopping in there and perhaps a bit of grounding & self talk.

It's what works for us. Sometimes it's best to fix a date as it makes us step up and not back out. Anticipatory anxiety can change from worrying about the booking part and now moves onto getting to the day and the event itself. Sometimes the closer you get, the easier it gets because we are closer to taking action as opposed to sitting thinking about it.

But that's not the only way. Sometimes leaving yourself an exit route can help reduce the pressure.

Make it smaller to you. Smaller goals are more likely achieved. Let them add up to the bigger goal. So maybe go for a walk first or do some other shopping that helps get you ready? Or warm up in the days before by getting closer to the venue itself with the later goals being going in and finally the jab (you can always create a reason to go in e.g. only to buy something this time or to ask advice on something).

Best of luck. No one here will judge you either way, I'm sure we're all used to the battle of doing what others take for granted.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 24-06-21 at 16:38. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Phil, you have asked this question a number of times in different ways, and last time I gave you this answer (and previous times) you have become annoyed. You keep asking what can I do to solve these problems, there is ONLY ONE solution, well a few really - wear masks, use hand gel, keep your distance - but most importantly get vaccinated. Getting your vaccines will solve all your concerns and mean you can go on holiday without fear AND it will mean future holidays outside the UK can be done. The consequences of non-vaccination are the fears you have and curtailing of life experiences in the coming months. There is NO OTHER ANSWER. (Apart from to sit at home and don't go anywhere for another year or more instead ?)
    Even if I took the vaccine i am afraid I will still worry. Double jabbed people can still get covid yes mild but to be honest I don’t even want mild COVID. You still have to social distance and mask up if you had two vaccines it I believe USA has different rules for jabbed people.

The BBC have barely mentioned the newer Delta Plus variant on their website today, plus the 40-odd (culminative) cases of it confirmed in the UK so far are allegedly in Scotland and Wales, but not England or NI so far.

Dr JC explained in his latest video last night that as a consequence, there has been surge testing in Scotland in particular, which probably partly explains the sudden jump to 16k+ cases UK-wide over the past couple of days, which obviously accounts for existing variants in the main, plus he admitted to not being overly concerned about Delta Plus ATM.

The BBC website still isn't making a song and dancing over cases being over 16k since yesterday, neither have the national daily papers on their front pages so far, as obviously (like Gary keeps reiterating) daily cases don't seem to have the same impact now that they used to.

What's more, I can't sense any major public panic over the situation in the UK right now, unlike during the first two waves, especially the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is that the renamed Nepalese variant?

Maybe there will be a Euros variant? Or a Saltyre variant?
    Yes, that's the one.

A Scottish variant would probably be named Westminster since it's the woeful cause of all ills up there

The OP is in the US where the Delta variant is poised to become the dominant strain. As I said earlier in the thread. All indications point to the vaccine being an effective deterrent and protection against it.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information