Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling

Re: Struggling

Hi , yes she rang the number for the routine one that came and they booked her in at the breast clinic, I thought that would be the same place ? either way they said if anything is found they will do a biopsy then , she’s spoken to her social worker who has breast cancer and she has told her what to expect , I’m taking her but can’t go in because of covid so I’ll hang around nearby , I do think going away is the right thing I just don’t know what to expect at the appointment, is there anything that would prevent us going ? She’s been told she’ll probably have a follow appointment a week later so sorry at home or worry by the sea ? She’d rather be by the sea .
    Thanks .

We just have a mobile lorry which parks at the hospital for screening mammos. Breast clinic appointments are far better and means she is already in the system.

There's no doubt that you should pack up and go to the sea afterwards.

Hi Pulisa thanks for putting that I had to take the grandkids home after reading it and I started thinking where do routine ones go and why the breast clinic ? , I had my mri in a lorry so I know what you mean now , anything just sets the cogs whirring, weirdly I spoke to my mums brother the other day he’s not been well since a heart attack , he said he’d recently been to the same breast clinic and felt really stupid it being all women , I turned out he’s got a cyst on his chest , even men get breast problems Mother Nature really had a laugh with humans .

She's far better off at the breast clinic because it's a one stop shop and you get the necessary tests there and then..if indeed anything needs to be done. When I went I even got to see the Consultant after the tests..on that same morning. I was very impressed. This was NHS btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I think it's a very good idea to go to the coastal property Buster.
    I do too. I always go and do something nice after a hospital appointment. That way, I associate something positive with the day..

Exactly Nora.

Finding it hard to keep positive but keeping it all in for now , partner burst into tears earlier she said it’s just not knowing that’s killing her , we had a good hug , we tidied up and packed some bits so good news or bad we can just go afterwards which is what she said she needs , I think this could put things in perspective what’s important and not , I have been feeling very low lately over things that are not the be all and end all , sometimes I think this place is all that keeps me from cracking up so again thank you .
    Fingers crossed .

Thinking of you both.

Hi all , I’m not sure what I was hoping for yesterday but nothing really changed , she had the mammogram and then an examination which found no lumps but they did say her inverted nipple is a common symptom of breast cancer and she should have come to see them earlier , they didn’t take a biopsy, now she has to wait for a letter for the results of the mammogram which can take up to ten days , we could sit and wait at home going mad or at the coast so we’re here at the coast ,the bloody dog kept us awake pretty much all night so we don’t feel great today .
    The thought of returning home at some point to either good or bad news isn’t great but for now nothing has changed except my outlook on life , I was really enthusiastic about this being our future at the coast and slowly making a move over time to working here , one flat is done and looks great people who’ve seen it love it , the other one is a shit tip that I’ve barely started work on , my brain keeps telling me if I do something to look forward bad things will happen , so basically still holding my breath .
    Last edited by Buster70; 25-09-21 at 17:52.

Focus on being there and enjoy looking at the sea, it is so wonderful.

Oh and I hope your dog sleeps tonight!

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information