Thread: Struggling

Re: Struggling

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Menstrual or otherwise.... (Sorry)
    🤣🤣

Oh Pulisa, you really do need a break

Today was better than yesterday, my partner messaged my daughter for the first time in five weeks since they had a bit of a fall out over us not visiting when she had her last chemotherapy, she’s not close by so it’s not always easy , I had to leave it to them this time to sort it out but I’m glad they’re talking .
    The night before last I had a bad asthma attack and couldn’t find my inhaler since we unpacked , 3am and a podgy wheezing bloke in his undercrackers frantically searching the van in the street wasn’t a pretty sight , after the wheezing stopped the anxiety kicked in and wouldn’t let me sleep telling me I’d die , I’m not writing this from beyond the grave so all good .
    Ive read your top trumps of family problems Nora and I’ll raise you a 15 year old awkward bitch of a dog that has zero loyalty she will leave me and follow anyone who smells like they have treats , I recently left her to walk with two strangers when the caught up with me I asked if their dog bites , the look of panic “ we thought she was yours oh god who’s is she then ? “ I laughed and said “ she’s mine she just doesn’t like me “ this dog also gets us up at least twice a night for a pee , poo or just to look at you , I got up not long back came down barefoot and trod in diarrhoea, early hours shower stood trying to spray the bottom of my foot , the only saving grace is I have zero sense of smell or I’d be washing puke off my front , my other dog adores me .
    So middle age seems to be a whole lot of fun all round , anxiety took away my hobby of binge drinking , the bald eagle took away my long blonde locks , working with chemicals has ruined my lungs and taken my sense of smell leaving me with a big nose that serves no purpose other than to prop up pound land glasses for my failing eyesight, my skeleton is crumbling inside , and ironically the only thing that has a mind of its own and still works has been made redundant , youth is truly wasted on the young if only they knew what lies ahead.
    Still you’ve got to bloody laugh �� always look on the bright side of life ,de do de do de do ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Ive read your top trumps of family problems Nora and I’ll raise you a 15 year old awkward bitch of a dog that has zero loyalty she will leave me and follow anyone who smells like they have treats
    You need to up your 'treats' game Buster. Try some bacon. People think my lurcher is exceptionally well trained because her nose is stuck to my leg but she can smell the bacon bits in my pocket lol..

I got up not long back came down barefoot and trod in diarrhoea, early hours shower stood trying to spray the bottom of my foot , the only saving grace is I have zero sense of smell
    These are the joys of having dogs though B? He or she who hasn't stepped into something cold and slimy on the landing carpet at 3am in the morning hasn't lived, right?

I had a Cairn terrier (rescue) who used to eat her own poo. Many a time I stood at my kitchen window - admiring the trees and the flowers - and there she was, throwing turds up in the air before snaffling them.

Dirty mare even scoffed the contents of one of my kid's nappies.

According to the vet, this was her way of keeping her environment clean. I'd argue that she seemed to be enjoying it and favoured turds to actual food.

My first doggie was a rescue and she had horrendous separation anxiety. She used to shit & wee all over the house (and car) and for the entire 17 years she was with us. But her party piece was to hold her bowels until she was walking past people in a park having a picnic and she'd face them as she took a massive dump. Our lurcher, on the other hand, was very discreet. He would reverse himself up to some bushes and crap on/into them.

the bald eagle took away my long blonde locks.
    See now, I'm imagining you as a Steven Adler or David Coverdale (he of the impossibly tight jeans which helped him to reach those high notes)

Bald Eagle may have taken your crowing glory B but he can't take your memories or photographs. Buy a blonde wig, some tight trews, and bang on some Whitesnake (or whatever you were into) and relive those glory days! (just draw the curtains)

You're a Man of Property now, Buster and you're a mere 51..You're not an old crock. Make the most of your freedom from family responsibilities?

Nora shit happens , my older dog has always had a knack for embarrassing bowel movements , half way across a busy road what a great time to squat and take a shite , if you drag her you look a shit if you don’t you have to wait while she finishes slowly pushes poo shrugging your shoulders at the tutting drivers .
    I did actually wear a wig once , I found it at a house clearance in a posh box ok with hind sight the lady had probably passed away and may have needed it before her demise but the temptation to put it on my bald bonce and wear it when I called at my daughters house was too much , I was greeted with what the hell is wrong with you dad ? If I knew the answer to that I wouldn’t be on sites like this , I do recall similar things being said to me throughout my life well before I popped on the crazy train , “ you’re not normal “ “ you do know you’re still talking out loud “ “ so things wrong with you “ “ why what the feck why would you say that “ some of my favourites .
    It seems these days everyone has a label or a diagnosis especially celebrities , I feel left out as my attempt at therapy got as far as you probably have ptsd then I never went back , his chorduroys and moccosins were making me feel uncomfortable , thought id leave it on a cliffhanger Du Du Du da da , maybe we should all get a tattoo at 18 saying what you are , anxious , depressed, too freakin’ jolly , possible psychopath, religious freak ( ooh avoid that one )
    Today Lady Luck was on my side , I got bit by not one but two gnats one on each leg and believe it or not I found two bags of salt in my salt in my salt and shake crisps what are the chances of that? Ok with my high blood pressure I probably shouldnt have put both in but waste not want not as my gran said .
    Pulisa my property empire is currently being rented out which isn’t easy after six weekends of grafting to get it nice but getting a bit of cash back is handy , all going well we’ll be going there all through winter , getting wrapped up to walk the dog down the beach when it’s rough as hell appeals to me ,the rougher the sea the better , lots of beach huts there £20 a day , a bench seat a window to look at the sea and kettle what more could you need ? , three weeks work then I’m back down there , i can see my future at the coast .
    Catch you laterz

I've always fancied hiring a beach hut! £20 a day sounds very cheap though..Not sure how much time £20 would buy you Darn South..Brighton is now one of the most expensive places to live..

So you're now a landlord, Buster..I hope you are going to get some central heating for your main home for the winter? No more shivering and iced up windows!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    I did actually wear a wig once , I found it at a house clearance in a posh box ok with hind sight the lady had probably passed away and may have needed it before her demise but the temptation to put it on my bald bonce and wear it when I called at my daughters house was too much , I was greeted with what the hell is wrong with you dad ?
    Maybe you being a dead ringer for David Lee Roth was too much for your daughter to handle?

I found two bags of salt in my salt in my salt and shake crisps what are the chances of that?
    Well I've been alive for 51 years and I've yet to find one? And you found two you say? Lady Luck is shining on you for sure! PUT THE LOTTERY ON!

Beach huts my way are only available for weekly rental at around £300!!! You could take a daily on the winter but it will still set you back around £50. The other thing is you have to book up a year in advance. Its not lack of huts, it's demand. I still haven't managed to book one up yet, but then I have my eye on one not in the main drag but solo positioned directly on the sand and close by to the loos.
    I'll wait for Buster to suggest the sea as my convenience but as I don't swim or go too far into the water I'd surely be spotted doing the deed.

You would be "sea-wee-ded", Carnation!

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information