Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling

Re: Struggling

Beautiful fishman and love the archway

Aww thanks you guys Its natural habitat is wetland/lake and river margins. So instead of your usual plant pot I bought one of those flexy plastic laundry baskets and filled it with soil and water. That's a clematis montana going over the arch Carnation, it never stops growing!!

Awww thanks guys ( also girls , non binary, alien , animal types , super natural ) it has warmed my cockles to read these last posts and they are very much appreciated, it’s been a hard couple of days with the word covid never far from my mind , I thought I was done with it and just not bothered anymore but when it’s close it’s hard to ignor , phoned my aunt and she’s not well but fingers crossed , we lost my mums brother earlier in the year to covid and my next door neighbor of twenty years so funerals have never been far apart , after all last years problems covid wasn’t my biggest concern .
    Taking on the flat was a big decision but now my daughters have their own lives it seemed a good time and as Boris puts it “if not now then when ?” With my partner going through the menopause it was hard to tell if she was on board but she loves it and I think there will be times when I go home to work and she stays on which could be a good thing for us both as I do need to stop being clingy , I do have a fear of losing people close to me which is well founded but not really healthy , I’ve watched the Davina guide to menopause read every website and even picked up some tips from Nora’s recent posts , it seems it’s not quite as easy as the male menopause where we get some stone washed jeans a sports car and try and relive our youth ( or get a flat by the sea )
    I’ve always believed in enjoying the little things in life like a sunset , birds singing or the rain pouring at night , sometimes it comes from something out of the blue like a chap who got out of his car at the supermarket very toned , tanned and absolutely in love with himself checking himself out in car windows , he then tripped on a speed hump and look round angrily as if it was humps fault ( he literally got the hump ) that made my day .
    I do wonder what it would be like if some of us met for real without knowing , we are all from different walks of life thrown together by one unfortunate problem , I’ve always made friends easily even though I was very shy as a small child , I now like to see people for short periods then walk away to avoid having to go to social events , when I was younger I was the life and soul of the party , I’ve never had a person I could actually say how I’m really feeling , I recently bumped into a lady dog walker , I said morning and asked how she was and she broke down and said she wanted to go home and take and overdose , I stayed with her and talked her down , we had a long chat and she was amazed that I knew exactly how she was feeling , she thanked me a few days later, I didn’t explain how I knew how she felt because I still feel embarrassed that I’ve been there many times myself .
    I could go on but I’ll bore the hell out of yo’all , oh didn’t get my test yesterday as it was 30 degrees and five mins in a road works jam on the way was enough to turn me back , I’m pretty sure they don’t do covid tests on red hot corpses, flow test still says negative.
    I would mention all the lovely things you’ve said but being nuts is exhausting, catch you laterz

Post anything you like on this thread especially if it’s a picture of something nice , maybe a furry friend pic ( not body parts , pets )

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    I’ve always believed in enjoying the little things in life like a sunset , birds singing or the rain pouring at night , sometimes it comes from something out of the blue like a chap who got out of his car at the supermarket very toned , tanned and absolutely in love with himself checking himself out in car windows , he then tripped on a speed hump and look round angrily as if it was humps fault ( he literally got the hump ) that made my day
    I'm just the same: I remember reading some of your descriptions on another thread of yours when you were in the caravan in winter, and I could picture the setting in my mind perfectly. The sound of rain, wind and the sea just resonated with me. And similarly, seeing the vain make complete prats of themselves always makes me laugh.

Birdsong? I downloaded something called BirdNET onto my phone and it has helped me identify quite a few of our feathered friends that I hear in my garden or at the cemetery when I visit there: it's a good place to just shut off from the world around me.

Keep talking to us and keep painting those pictures you do, Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Awww thanks guys ( also girls , non binary, alien , animal types , super natural )
    I prefer 'gender-fluid' meself..

I’ve watched the Davina guide to menopause read every website and even picked up some tips from Nora’s recent posts
    Some people read books about how to be a 'Goddess' whilst being menopausal? The front cover usually has a very chilled looking lady (who in reality is no nearer to being menopausal than my wheelie bin) and lots of blur effect and wildflowers - whereas most of my books go along the lines of, How to Get Through the Menopause (and not kill anybody)

it seems it’s not quite as easy as the male menopause where we get some stone washed jeans a sports car and try and relive our youth ( or get a flat by the sea )
    My dad had a perm when he went through the male-meno. He was 100% NT and as 'bloke' as it gets. He used to start clearing his throat every time Boy George came on the telly and all that.. but one day I discovered him (Dad, not Boy George) in the kitchen with curling rods in his hair.

Dude had clapped eyes on the back of his head in the mirror and seen a bald spot hadn't he? So he thought he'd disguise it with some bouff, and my hairdresser sister-in-law enabled this insanity!

Dad grew the perm out (TG) and grew a beard to make up for what he was losing on his head, and that actually looked quite cool? (despite the Noel Edmond's style jumpers and pale grey slip-ons)

My husband, for his mid-lifer, wanted the sports car, a Rolex and 'power shoes' for work.

Me: Who do you think your are, Sonic the Hedgehog?

So I bought him a red sports car (Tonka) - made him a cake with a Rolex picture on it - and I bought him some of those metal sole protectors they used to put on shoes to stop them wearing out. Anybody remember what they were called? My brother had them on his platform shoes in the 70s.

I've read a LOT of books about the menopause but I haven't read Davina's and she's a v v funky human so I must get that one!

I’ve always believed in enjoying the little things in life like a sunset , birds singing or the rain pouring at night , sometimes it comes from something out of the blue like a chap who got out of his car at the supermarket very toned , tanned and absolutely in love with himself checking himself out in car windows , he then tripped on a speed hump and look round angrily as if it was humps fault ( he literally got the hump ) that made my day.

I recently bumped into a lady dog walker , I said morning and asked how she was and she broke down and said she wanted to go home and take and overdose , I stayed with her and talked her down , we had a long chat and she was amazed that I knew exactly how she was feeling , she thanked me a few days later, I didn’t explain how I knew how she felt because I still feel embarrassed that I’ve been there many times myself .
    I remember you saying this B, and as far as I'm concerned, you were meant to cross paths with that lady. You probably saved her life..

being nuts is exhausting
    True enough B!

You just never know what people are going through. We think everyone else is doing just fine but the truth is that a lot of people who are truly struggling hide it because they can't talk about it and they certainly don't want a whole load of platitudes from well meaning people who may be trained in MH but just don't understand the complexities of living with a hidden disability.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You just never know what people are going through. We think everyone else is doing just fine but the truth is that a lot of people who are truly struggling hide it because they can't talk about it and they certainly don't want a whole load of platitudes from well meaning people who may be trained in MH but just don't understand the complexities of living with a hidden disability.
    Indeed...

That's very true Pulisa.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information