Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13 yr old daughter in pain for few months

Re: 13 yr old daughter in pain for few months

But your GP has said to call a halt to it and won't even speak to you. Why do you think this is?

Have you had a look at your post history which details all the many times you have been worried about your daughter's health?

I know you will think I'm being harsh but I have a son who has a whole load of genuine health issues/ anatomical defects. I know what it's like to be at the hospital a lot and it's not ideal for young teens to be exposed to unnecessary scans which could throw up all sorts of incidental findings which are totally benign but which would just be more ammo for your HA.

When I was a young teen I used to get hip pain all the time. Sometimes on the side and sometimes on the bum side. It's very normal, and it's just growing pains. I have hypermobility of all joints, and its probably why I experienced those pains as more annoying than my friends. I'm sure it's the same for your daughter.

As a word of caution... My HA is probably rooted in my mother's idea to bring me to doctors and check ups even when I was feeling great. My mother's HA probably started when my brother got very sick as a child. It's a vicious circle and while it is lovely that you care about your daughter (really, 100 points for good parenting and taking your child seriously!) it would still be great to break the HA habit in the family. Is there anything you can think of that could help you now?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Fishman
    Kind of what I've said above, and I don't mean any disrespect by it. Are you saying that my daughter doesn't have pain, it's all to do with HA, which she doesn't have?
    I'm not saying she isn't experiencing some 'discomfort', but based on scientific and professional medical testing and opinion, they've not determined a physical reason. One look at the forum and you can see thousands of examples of normal physical anomalies that are blown 100% out of proportion. Your history of your personal worries and worries with your daughter is well documented here and it's my personal and unprofessional opinion its affecting her mental health. It also focuses attention from you to her and that speaks volumes. Again, you certainly can seek a 2nd and 3rd opinion but at least to me, the issue is obvious

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 30-06-21 at 21:13.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The doctor isn’t worried and is assuming standard muscle or growing pains. That’s clearly evident by the ibuprofen working. Ibuprofen doesn’t “mask” pain, it alleviates by reducing inflammation. I know you’ve stated she hasn’t injured herself or done anything to cause the pain but she’s a teenager who is growing!

You are right that HA isn’t causing her pain b your reaction is HA driven. Note how you brought up an MRI, not the doctor. There’s no need for one and thus the doctor is leaving it to you to decide.

An update on this one, and I know a lot of you don't agree with this. I'm ringing tomorrow to book my daughter in for an mri. She's still taking the ibuprofen but still has the pain.
    My husband and both my parents also think she needs to go for an mri. And none of them have HA. This has nothing to do with HA. My daughter is terrified of going back to school in September if this isn't sorted. Sitting down all day is very painful for her. I don't see what else I can do. Her xray was clear, which was good. But something is causing her pain so perhaps the mri will show us. I'm really scared but this needs to be sorted for her sake.

I hope the results of the MRI will be good, and that you will be able to accept them. Good luck!

Hi Broken Girl

Did you ever get an answer to what was causing your daughter's pain? I'm in the same situation with my 14 year old daughter.
    Thanks

Hope the MRI comes back fine. Sounds like a coccyx/glut issue. Try not to worry too much, kids/teens can have all sorts of pains and aches and it is completely benign 99.9% of the time. Look at the way she sits as well, if she slouches she can put extra pressure on that area.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information