Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Sal_vaged Presence"

"Sal_vaged Presence"

Hello and nice day; NMP admin/mods/staff

As I stated when I first joined this amazing forum, I was looking for a new home as the forum I was on (and still hanging on to) is slow/dead nowadays. Since then, I've come to know members better here and enjoy posting and helping others when I can. I've met many beautiful people here and consider myself lucky to be a member of this commmunity.

I'm not only asking this for myself, only; but for a dear friend of mine from my other forum, as we enjoy writing in a journal. Its helped us greatly with our anxiety/depression/panic.

If this type of posting(s) are not suitable here, I quite understand and respect the wishes of the NMP.

Either way.. any responses or advice would be greatly appreciated and apologize in advance if this question was already asked.

Have a great day/evening everyone and hope everyone is doing well or managing as best as possible.

Take care

~Sal

Re: Would this forum allow journal / diary (type) threads here?

That will be fine to do and thanks for asking.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you very much for the fast reply; Nicola, I will pass along this to my friend and this is very good news today indeed

I was going to say that several members pretty much do that already.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Nicola,

I actually created a forum over at probords.com for the sole purpose of Journaling. I understand it's been said that users already do that here, however would you be open to creating a board specific to journaling within an existing category. 'Members Journals' / 'Journals' something to that effect? Journaling is something that I have been using for nearly 10 years now, however I just wanted to move from the forum for the reasons described by Sal. Having a specific area for Journals means that users do not feel like they are taking up space.

I understand if this specific request is too much work/maintenance.

Here is what I have started - but happy to migrate here if a specific board is made for Journaling:
    onlinejournals.proboards.com

Thank you for your consideration.

~Ponder

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I was going to say that several members pretty much do that already.

FMP
    There will be no public journal from me. I have to heavily edit what I write on here as it is. Best I use a password protected document with the font changed to white (invisible) - just in case.

Any chance we could leave this as a request rather than a vote? All I need to know is whether the request will be considered, how long you need to reach a decision and so on and so forth. Whilst it is obvious that a journal section may not be the preference of some of your current members, it could be the difference in attracting new ones.

Thank you once more for your consideration.

~ Ponder.

Thank you again for your consideration for this request, but understand if this isn't something (a dedicated section for journals) appropriate to suit the needs of the overall community.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    There will be no public journal from me. I have to heavily edit what I write on here as it is. Best I use a password protected document with the font changed to white (invisible) - just in case.
    At least I'm not the only one with Skeletons; NoraB But if we change the background to black we'll see the white text. Ha! I've been known to say things I wish I could take back as well and the edit feature has been a Savior to say the very least.

And thank you Fish for your input.

For now, I'm going to hold off on creating any new thread until we know better when to go from here and will just continue to hijack other threads like usual ... JK ... hate to admit I'm guilty as charged. I mean well though =P

Take care and I know making such changes to the forum would be extra work and take time, so I'm in no rush either way, just glad to be here either way

~Sal
    Last edited by Scissel73; 21-06-21 at 18:41.

I will have a think about it. Watch this space.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    At least I'm not the only one with Skeletons; NoraB
    I have an entire graveyard!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information