Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Sal_vaged Presence"

Re: "Sal_vaged Presence"

I watch horror movies to soothe myself, too! Funny how that works, isn't it?

I'm into psychological drama...The darker the better! Only thing I can concentrate on!

I suppose the more time you spend indoors, the more the fears of going out impact on you, Sal?

Have you had any contact with your friend Ponder yet?

Please just tell us how you are feeling even if you feel you can't express it in words very well? We all want to help you in any way we can.

Does sound like you're having a rough time Sal.

I had patches of agoraphobia when I was younger and it was hell. I probably still have tendancies now. In fact going into first lockdown sent me into a bit of a panic because I was afraid that if I had to stay in I would lose the ability to go out again if that makes sense. Thankfully my job continued so it didn't happen, but it was worrying.

Thank you ... I need to make some healthy changes this week and not keep repeating the same routine expecting a different result.

We'll all be crossing our fingers for you!

Will be following your progress. Sorry things are so tough for you at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do whatever you can no matter how "small"...."Small" is progress, positive and significant.

Thank you so much for your support; Iris, Scass, and pulisa ... trying to do things (or stop doing things) that keep me (tied) in the house. Today I speak to my therapist because last week I overslept and forgot our appointment and I was upset. Today, I AM going out for Iced Tea if all goes well. Haven't been out in a while sad to say and I feel like another summer is passing me by. The man downstairs is passing away and we talk and he reminds me to appreciate what (little) i do have and I can walk, which he can not any longer and its any day for him and I feel like my phobia and anxiety has taken control (again). Just feel like my progress has slipped, but, I will try to be mindful of the small steps because I need to start over again as I've let myself fall down hard (yet) again :(

We are the hardest on ourselves, Sal. Like P said, you have to start small and celebrate the little victories. But I know it's hard. We put so much pressure on ourselves to do so much. I know I do. I struggle a lot with this as well. Hang in there.

If you managed to go out for the iced tea...that's fantastic and really well done! If you didn't quite make it please don't beat yourself up? There's always another day and another opportunity. It's only July and Summer won't be going anywhere for a while where you are

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information