I have suffered from GAD for over 10 years now. I also suffer from moderate tinittus and have done nearly all my life. In the past I have taken Citalopram which helped greatly with the anxiety.
Two months ago I felt I started back on Citalooram again but then came off it as it increased my tinnitus to unbearable levels. This didn't happen the last times took it in past. I know this can be a side effect of SSRIs and read that sometimes the increase can be permanent so was glad I stopped.

I have tried unsuccessfully managing my anxiety since without medication and the anxiety has increased to a point that it becoming unbearable and desperately need help. I finding it difficult to function.

I researched Antidepressants which have low chance of increasing tinittus and only one I found was mirtazapine.

I understand this can help with sleep but also with anxiety. I just want advice from anyone who has taken it who have generalised anxiety disorder and experiences from anyone who has tinittus and taken it.

I would really appreciate any help at all anyone can give me. I am desperate for solutions. I haven't found any other medications that could help with the anxiety but not raise my tinittus.