Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Partner keeps re-arranging furniture and rooms every other month

Re: Partner keeps re-arranging furniture and rooms every other month

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    My brother and his mates used to sneak into pubs in our town centre back in 1995 at the age of 15 and still get served booze with relative impunity, and no one seemed to bat an eyelid back then.
    My 'ID' was a pair of 6" high heels (which I totally couldn't walk in) a highly lacquered/gelled and moussed mullet that could withstand a hurricane, and a face full of Rimmel. I literally trowelled the foundation on! I probably looked about 45? The bouncers didn't give a shite. They were more bothered about keeping drunken louts out than underage girlies going in...

Where you say 'single', I take it you must be referring to a 7'' vinyl music single.

I guess back in the 80s most shops were far more lenient in selling cigs (and probably booze) to under-agers, or simply didn't care.

My brother and his mates used to sneak into pubs in our town centre back in 1995 at the age of 15 and still get served booze with relative impunity, and no one seemed to bat an eyelid back then.

Also, they even managed to sneak into the two main nightclubs in our town at the age of 15 back then, and again, no one even seemed to give a monkeys!

Luckily, they never came to any harm though, nor were ever involved in any kind of aggro AFAIK.

I vividly recall hearing all kinds of tales from him about the shenanigans of other revellers that he witnessed back then.
    Yes a 7 inch.

I was in my school uniform buying cigarettes. I guess because the shop was right beside a school they didn't care and were just there to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Yes a 7 inch.

I was in my school uniform buying cigarettes. I guess because the shop was right beside a school they didn't care and were just there to make money.
    I doubt said shop would be able to get away with that nowadays, unless they simply wanted to 'keep the peace' and to avoid any potential aggro from the school kids in their shop.

I seem to recall back in the 90s (and probably before) many school staff seemingly having a far more lenient attitude to pupils smoking, and sometimes even cadging ciggies off each other.

I bet that probably be considered extremely unethical nowadays as well (from both sides).

I doubt said shop would be able to get away with that nowadays, unless they simply wanted to 'keep the peace' and to avoid any potential aggro from the school kids in their shop.

I seem to recall back in the 90s (and probably before) many school staff seemingly having a far more lenient attitude to pupils smoking, and sometimes even cadging ciggies off each other.

I bet that probably be considered extremely unethical nowadays as well (from both sides).
    Back when I was at school most of the teachers seemed to smoke too - if you went to the staff room and knocked on the door, when it opened you were met with plumes of billowing spoke. Definitely wouldn't be allowed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Back when I was at school most of the teachers seemed to smoke too - if you went to the staff room and knocked on the door, when it opened you were met with plumes of billowing spoke. Definitely wouldn't be allowed now.
    Makes me want to gag just thinking about it!

Nothing personal against you though, as you have admitted that you smoke yourself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information