Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Partner keeps re-arranging furniture and rooms every other month

Re: Partner keeps re-arranging furniture and rooms every other month

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Rest assured Nora, I have no beef with you, or any other person with tattoos on their bodies.
    Mine's classy. As am I.

I'm getting my nose pierced soon too - my son had one done and he keeps playing with it - looks well stimmy. He won't let me twizzle his, so I'll have to get my own done!

I still can't understand those who still suddenly decide to take up smoking willy-nilly in this day and age who previously were lifelong non-smokers, especially in pursuit of 'keeping up with the Jones's'.
    All I can say is that those who start smoking now must have a lot of money. Last time I checked it was almost a tenner for a pack of 20? Stuff that for a game of conkers!! A fiver in the 80s used to get you a pack of ciggies, a few drinks, admission to the disco (do we still say that?) bus fare, a bag of chips and have some change! Or I used to filch a few cigs off my mum. (shh don't tell her!) Quick shake of the packet and she never knew. Though I do recall her peering into the packet with a confused look on her face periodically. Am bad girl, no?

Actually, just checked the price of 20 cigs in Tesco and they are almost £14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I gave up.

Unfortunately I'm still smoker. Never quite managed to stop and over the last couple of months have been a bit of a continual chimney. Now I have a new vape, I'm trying to switch over.

But I remember buying a pack of 10, a single and a bag of chips for about £2. That was way back in the 80's.

Oh I roll my own now - cheaper but still not cheap (around £16 for 30g).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    To be fair, keeping single guinea pigs is cruel - it's actually illegal in certain countries, I think?
    They're food in many S American countries.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Also true. Heck, rabbits are good eating, too.

It’s hard when you can’t communicate properly about these things. Living with someone should always be a compromise on both sides and it sounds like it’s mostly you doing the compromising right now which isn’t fair. So you aren’t being petty.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Also true. Heck, rabbits are good eating, too.
    My wife is from Ecuador. She ate them there. It's a common street food where they grill or deep fry them. She said it tastes like a combination of rabbit and duck. I had them as pets and I can't imagine eating one

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I have had 3 house rabbits and can't imagine eating conejo....or guinea pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I have had 3 house rabbits and can't imagine eating conejo....or guinea pigs.
    I had two French Lops that were house bunnies many years ago. Litter trained and all. Lovely sweet fur babies... much like a cat TBH.

FMP

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Unfortunately I'm still smoker. Never quite managed to stop and over the last couple of months have been a bit of a continual chimney. Now I have a new vape, I'm trying to switch over.

But I remember buying a pack of 10, a single and a bag of chips for about £2. That was way back in the 80's.
    Where you say 'single', I take it you must be referring to a 7'' vinyl music single.

I guess back in the 80s most shops were far more lenient in selling cigs (and probably booze) to under-agers, or simply didn't care.

My brother and his mates used to sneak into pubs in our town centre back in 1995 at the age of 15 and still get served booze with relative impunity, and no one seemed to bat an eyelid back then.

Also, they even managed to sneak into the two main nightclubs in our town at the age of 15 back then, and again, no one even seemed to give a monkeys!

Luckily, they never came to any harm though, nor were ever involved in any kind of aggro AFAIK.

I vividly recall hearing all kinds of tales from him about the shenanigans of other revellers that he witnessed back then.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information