Thread: Huge panic attack over sepsis please help

Huge panic attack over sepsis please help

Hi everyone
    So I was put on antibiotics a week ago today for a kidney infection. The course ran out today. I feel well in myself and the Uti symptoms have gone. I do still get the odd twinge in my flank but not the pain when touching it like I did. I’m terrified of getting sepsis. What if the course was not long enough and overnight the bacteria really multiplied and I get sepsis? I literally cannot stop shaking and I’m heaving with fear.

Re: Huge panic attack over sepsis please help

If you are feeling well in yourself and the symptoms of the kidney infection have gone you haven't got sepsis. Given that you're feeling well in yourself now and the symptoms of the kidney infection are gone the bacteria won't have multiplied sufficiently overnight that you'll develop sepsis.

I know it's difficult, but try and distract yourself.

Thank you

I don’t have the burning feeling down below or the pressure feeling down below but on Thursday and Friday my kidney was sore to touch when I pressed. It’s not like that now but I am still having twinges that lasts seconds but not sure if that is just where it’s been a bit bruised due to infection.

Just in a right state that it’s not gone and it’s not a quick visit to my GP for a dipstick it’s a silly online form and a few days wait

Based on what you said in that you're feeling better, how does sepsis even fit into the equation?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Because I am still getting the odd twinge and I’m really paranoid by stopping them this morning what if the infection is not gone and it develops quickly. It’s so irrational and I actually feel incredibly embarrassed over this but for some reason I just cannot stop shaking and feeling sick over it all. I think it’s because the nurse who first gave me them said ‘make sure you complete the course you do not want sepsis’ and yes I have finished the course but the idea is there. I am so sorry to be so pathetic

Hi, I was hospitalised last year with sepsis. It started with a Ecoli bacterial infection in urine. If you're still feeling poorly see if you can get your bloods done. Should put your mind at arest

Pretty sure just by reading your post you're going to be okay.

Take care

Well if your feeling better after completing the course of antibiotics then it means they are doing there job and killing the bacteria. People get sepsis from an untreated infection not to mention if you had sepsis you would know it as you wouldn’t be getting better, you would get worse and be really sick.

I’ve had sepsis and believe me you would not be feeling well in yourself. The antibiotics have done their job so try not to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information