Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pfizer jab after previous Covid infection

Pfizer jab after previous Covid infection

As it says on the tin 🙈 I've got my jab coming up on Wednesday- Pfizer (I've booked and rescheduled it several times as I just can't bring myself to go..). I had a confirmed (mild) case of covid in March this year and I've read that the jab can cause bad side effects if you've previously had Covid. Does anyone have any experiences of the Pfizer effects following a case of Covid?
    I took part in an antibody study a few weeks ago and have antibodies confirmed, and presumably ready to go and hit the spike proteins hard 😢
    I'm mainly worried as I'm the sole parent for my daughter while my husband works away, and I can't exactly tuck myself in bed and watch films and feel sorry for myself for a few days.
    I should maybe add that my husband has had both covid and the first pfizer jab and was fine. But he might have been stubbornly saying that because he knows what I'm like!

Re: Pfizer jab after previous Covid infection

Quote Originally Posted by mez View Post
    Does anyone have any experiences of the Pfizer effects following a case of Covid?
    My aunt had Covid, and she got a jab 2 months after recovery. She felt a little sick and had a fever in the evning/night following the vaccination. The next day all was great.

Maybe get a babysitter or ask a family member to stay with you for the evening/night following vaccination?

Good luck!

Thankyou- I think I might stay at my mum's the night after it, possibly the second night too if I still feel rough! It's a bit of a pain to get my daughter to school from there, but at least if I really can't get out of bed, they can take her 😕

My daughter and her husband went for the jab (Pfizer) and ended up getting COVID. Apparently, they were exposed prior. They went for their second jabs and aside from the normal yuck for a couple of days, are doing fine. I'm sure your experience will be much the same.

Thank you for being part of the solution!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Right there with ya Mez.

I had covid last November, I have the same thoughts you do. Glad you've got your appointment, I am working up the nerve to go to a walk in, I want Pfizer too.

Good luck Wednesday I'll be looking for an update.

Hello, I had covid in January and had my vax a couple of weeks ago. I felt very achy and tired for a couple of days, and my boyfriend who had worse covid than I did had a fever. It was kind of a milder case of both of our main symptoms if that makes sense? I would recommend seeing if someone can look after your daughter for a day as I wouldn't have wanted to leave the house on the first day. But it was much much better than covid or the risk of getting it again

thankyou, I think I will definitely stay with my mum tomorrow night then. My case of covid was really very mild- I had a headache and a bit of a cough and loss of taste and smell, but no fever and no aches and pains so I really did get off very lightly and had my husband not already tested positive with worse symptoms I probably wouldn't have even tested (loss of taste and smell came much later on than my positive test). I'm sure I won't be quite so lucky with the jab :/ though he had zero effects from it.
    It's very much fear of the unknown with me and I'm struggling with voluntarily making myself poorly 🙈 not sure how I'll manage tomorrow

just to update- I cancelled it. I'm hoping my natural antibodies will keep me ok until I grow a pair.

Awwwww, sorry to hear that, but admire your honesty and humour.

Quote Originally Posted by mez View Post
    just to update- I cancelled it. I'm hoping my natural antibodies will keep me ok until I grow a pair.
    You can do it, Mez! I would recommend finding time when you can have the day off the next day, but honestly the side effects were, for me, the same symptoms I had when I had covid but very weakened down. And it'll protect you from getting it again. Completely up to you what you do, but I'd definitely recommend rebooking the app when you can

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information