Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Mucus in stool?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    33

    Mucus in stool?

    Hey everyone. A bit of a tmi warning here. So, about a week ago, I went to the bathroom and I noticed a lot of white bits with my stool. I'm at least decently confident it was mucus of some kind, which has never happened to me before. Since then, my more recent bowel movements have been better, but sometimes I'll notice a clear bit or two attached to the stool, and I can't stop wondering if this is mucus as well.

    My current thought is that mucus would be a lot more... slimy, or something, right? So I keep thinking that maybe it's not, but even still, I can't stop checking and inspecting my BMs like a detective. The fact that I can't even tell what's mucus and what isn't leaves me unsure if I should even be worried. Ugh. Sorry, this reads more like an extra long venting post more than anything else. A few years ago, I'd have made several doctor's appointments by now, so I feel like I'm doing a little better with my health anxiety. Bathroom stuff is just complicated 🥴

  2. #2

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Hi I have had this sort of thing on and off for years if that helps..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    33

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepless65 View Post
    Hi I have had this sort of thing on and off for years if that helps..
    Thank you, that does help a bit! I always think the worst when it comes to my health, so knowing that this can be something not particularly harmful does help to ease my mind some.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Quote Originally Posted by worrywart115 View Post
    A few years ago, I'd have made several doctor's appointments by now, so I feel like I'm doing a little better with my health anxiety. Bathroom stuff is just complicated 若
    Well done for for holding back on the GP appointments for what sounds like classic IBS. However, you are seeking reassurance and playing daily detective with your poo, so you're in the 'danger zone' with HA..

    Bathroom stuff is as complicated as we want to make it. Believe me, I've spent hours of my life poking around in my poo! These days, I evacuate, wipe, flush and go.

    I wash my hands before I go, obvs..

    I've never had the mucus with my IBS but I know people who do, and it's common - especially blokes. Mucus can be clear, yellowish, greenish, but it's usually white, so you have nothing to worry about.

    I had white bits in my poo once, but it turned out to be the Sudocrem that I'd soothed my bum-hole with earlier that day.
    __________________
    Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    33

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Well done for for holding back on the GP appointments for what sounds like classic IBS. However, you are seeking reassurance and playing daily detective with your poo, so you're in the 'danger zone' with HA..

    Bathroom stuff is as complicated as we want to make it. Believe me, I've spent hours of my life poking around in my poo! These days, I evacuate, wipe, flush and go.

    I wash my hands before I go, obvs..

    I've never had the mucus with my IBS but I know people who do, and it's common - especially blokes. Mucus can be clear, yellowish, greenish, but it's usually white, so you have nothing to worry about.

    I had white bits in my poo once, but it turned out to be the Sudocrem that I'd soothed my bum-hole with earlier that day.
    Yeah, I suppose my HA isn't entirely under control if I'm checking out forums haha. Thank you for the informative reply! I ddin't know that this was something that could happen with IBS. I couldn't say for sure if I have IBS, but it would make some sense. I hope that there's nothing to worry about, but I've always ended up panicking anytime there's been a slight change with my bowels. It might be time to stop looking in the bowl as often as I do.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Quote Originally Posted by worrywart115 View Post
    Yeah, I suppose my HA isn't entirely under control if I'm checking out forums haha. Thank you for the informative reply! I ddin't know that this was something that could happen with IBS. I couldn't say for sure if I have IBS, but it would make some sense. I hope that there's nothing to worry about, but I've always ended up panicking anytime there's been a slight change with my bowels. It might be time to stop looking in the bowl as often as I do.
    I'm on the forum too but my HA is under control. I'm just here to try and help people get control over theirs...

    While reassurance is comforting, it won't help you long-term. It won't be long before the 'what if's' obliterate any reassurance you got from people on here, because HA can be incredibly convincing.

    Can I ask - what have you done to address the real issue - which is anxiety?
    __________________
    Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,447

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Mucus in the stool is really common with IBS. I've had it for years particularly when I'm constipated.

    I think it's time for you to stop scrutinising your stools and delving amongst your detritus?! It really won't help your HA but I know it's a hard habit to break. Don't become a Poo Detective because it's so unhelpful and will only lead to misery and unnecessary panic. Flush and go before you have time to think about "inspection". The "clues" will be red herrings anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Don't become a Poo Detective
    Magnum G.I?

    Jonathan's Crack?

    Bagsy Gene Grunt for me..

    'Stop staring at that poo, or I'll come round your house and stamp on your toys!'

    Ooh, now then. Thoughts of Gene Hunt in his camel coat and slip-ons?
    __________________
    Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,447

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Inspector Pooseau..even..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Mucus in stool?

    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Inspector Pooseau..even..


    Geddit P?
    __________________
    Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mucus in Stool or what? Please, Help!
    By Bobi in forum IBS, IBD, Bowel, Stomach problems
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-06-18, 00:50
  2. Passing mucus without stool, or mucus mixed with stool - panic!
    By uk23 in forum IBS, IBD, Bowel, Stomach problems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-16, 20:39
  3. Mucus in stool.
    By Trevstan in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-11, 19:47
  4. mucus in stool how much is too much
    By worried girl in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-08-11, 22:28
  5. Mucus in stool!!
    By Girl_Interrupted in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-01-10, 11:11

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •