Thread: pain in one breast

pain in one breast

Over the last few days I've noticed a pain in my left breast only. It seems to be generally at the bottom, beneath the nipple, and a little bit up and around the inside where it meets my ribs. Although I can't pinpoint exactly where it is, as it's not necessarily tender to the touch, and I tend to feel it more when I do things like stretch (lifting my arms and arching my back) and it pushes against my bra and shirt, when I lie on my stomach to go to sleep, and if I stand up after lying down for a while and my pajama shirt moves over the area. I can't even tell if it's actually in the breast, or just on the skin, since I have a hard time replicating it. I don't want to mess with it too much because that could make it worse. Nothing unusual to note on the skin itself.

I had a mammogram in March which came back, as my doctor said, "as clean as can be". Tissue density was noted to be normal so it's unlikely anything was missed. I also had my annual well-woman exam last week, which included a thorough exam by palpitation, and the doctor found nothing. So I'm not thinking cancer. But it's uncomfortable, and I've never had anything like this, so I'm wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar?

I first noticed it Sunday, day 5 of my normally 7-day period. I will likely ovulate at the middle-to-end of this week. I'm 40 and possibly experiencing other symptoms of perimenopause (which I know this might be). So it's probably nothing to worry about, but it's new and annoying, so I thought I'd ask!

Re: pain in one breast

Sometimes pain can be radiating from ribs or muscle, it is very common for muscular pain to be felt in the breasts!

sarah x

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

Bra too tight on the band ? Thats a definite possibility.

It's interesting, I just saw a Buzzfeed article on this (not sure if I'm allowed to link).

Essentially, it's common. And it's usually due to muscle pain/inflammation. I get something similar due to costochondritis, which should in theory be isolated to around my sternum but my doc explained can go out due to the way the nerves in the chest are set up. It's annoying but thankfully not dangerous. I hope you find some relief soon.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

This is old but I’m 31F and dealing with weird breast issues now. I had a massive cyst drained left March 2020. I have B cup, but fast forward today, last mammogram was this past January both clear…now I’m dealing with weird more axillary side breast left fat than my right one, just got bigger but in the mirror my two boobs look fine? Plus weird thing when I lay on my side not my back I can feel my left side breast like a weird flat hard pancake? It goes from upper breast to side of nipple…could be from gravity? My right one has the same but less hard? No armpit lumps, abs going in for screening this Monday, my anxiety is so bad I can’t stop crying poking the area and my thoughts are just darkness ….plus I ruined it by googling for a whole month….now the articles I read is now cemented in my tortured mind..

Thread Information