Thread: Chronic HA - can your body heal from it?

Question Chronic HA - can your body heal from it?

As you know I suffer extreme HA, probably for about 15 years now, part and parcel of PTSD and OCD.
    Now I go through episodes where my anxiety is bad, and other times not so bad.
    This last episode I’m still in, is lasting about 6 months so far and my body is exhausted, physically and mentally. (I have a gp appt on Friday).
    Any way, to any of you longer time sufferers, can and did your body heal from the muscle aches, the constant adrenaline and cortisol? The complete exhaustion? This is the longest episode of anxiety I’ve ever had… and it’s taken it’s toll…

Does our bodies recover?

Sarah x

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

Re: Chronic HA - can your body heal from it?

I had HA for five years between 2014 and 2019. I was in constant pain. My blood pressure was always elevated, I actually got diagnosed with a spinal issue (benign) which I'm convinced was caused by tensing up.

I had chest pains, lightheadedness, globus, headaches, you name it. My pulse was always above 90. I couldn't touch caffeine because it made me have serious palpitations. I went to the GP many times with sleep problems.

Now in 2021, I've been vitually HA free for almost two years (had a couple of hiccups here and there but who hasn't?) and I have none of these symptoms, except an acute sensitivity to caffeine and that spinal issue which is being mended. The physical anxiety symptoms are no longer there. From my experience there was never anything wrong with my body, so once the adrenalin and cortisol levels were lowered, my body healed itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsriley79 View Post
    As you know I suffer extreme HA, probably for about 15 years now, part and parcel of PTSD and OCD.
    Now I go through episodes where my anxiety is bad, and other times not so bad.
    This last episode I’m still in, is lasting about 6 months so far and my body is exhausted, physically and mentally. (I have a gp appt on Friday).
    Any way, to any of you longer time sufferers, can and did your body heal from the muscle aches, the constant adrenaline and cortisol? The complete exhaustion? This is the longest episode of anxiety I’ve ever had… and it’s taken it’s toll…

Does our bodies recover?

Sarah x
    Love the massive font!

Simple answer Sarah - yes - the body can recover from this, but it takes time to desensitise the system.

Anxiety doesn't happen overnight, and neither does recovery. You have to continually work on lowering stress levels and turning off the fight or flight response by doing abdominal breathing, and obviously changing how you think because fear will always fire up the system. It's a physical response to a mental issue. It's all quite simple when you understand the stress response...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Love the massive font!

Simple answer Sarah - yes - the body can recover from this, but it takes time to desensitise the system.

Anxiety doesn't happen overnight, and neither does recovery. You have to continually work on lowering stress levels and turning off the fight or flight response by doing abdominal breathing, and obviously changing how you think because fear will always fire up the system. It's a physical response to a mental issue. It's all quite simple when you understand the stress response...
    �� I’m sorry about the font, I’ve been told it’s too small, so now I enlarge it, oh goodness I don’t know what size to have it. Before I just typed like everyone else, but was told it wasn’t readable. Maybe I should make it smaller again?

you right about anxiety, it’s common sense I suppose, but it’s hard when you’re trapped in that position where you worry about illness, but your anxiety is making you ill, but then you worry is it all anxiety and then it’s a spiral until you have a breakdown.

I need to be stronger at this, goodness I’ve suffered for long enough xx

Sarah

�� I’m sorry about the font, I’ve been told it’s too small, so now I enlarge it, oh goodness I don’t know what size to have it. Before I just typed like everyone else, but was told it wasn’t readable. Maybe I should make it smaller again?
    I think it was me who whinged about the small font.

you right about anxiety, it’s common sense I suppose, but it’s hard when you’re trapped in that position where you worry about illness, but your anxiety is making you ill, but then you worry is it all anxiety and then it’s a spiral until you have a breakdown.
    Yes, it is a cycle of fear = symptoms = more fear = more symptoms etc

I did have a breakdown as it happens, and it was a turning point for me. I think I had to reach the bottom in order for me to push myself up off the floor and back up again if that makes sense?

I need to be stronger at this, goodness I’ve suffered for long enough xx
    And that's why you're stronger and courageous than you imagine lovely. X

Is it readable now?, I've made it size number 3? Hope it’s ok x

Thankyou for your kind words.. to be honest, anxiety is hell, on top of what life throws at us anyway, and to be still attempting a laugh and a happy life, I think you’re right, we are strong.

Sarah

Is it readable now?, I've made it size number 3? Hope it’s ok x
    Looks right to me.

I think you’re right, we are strong.

Sarah
    Damn right we are!

Thread Information