Thread: Todays bowel worries(tmi)

Todays bowel worries(tmi)

I have been plagued with bowel problems for years and apologise in advance if tmi. Bowels have been all over place for last year or so, loose , foul, floating etc. Went today first I passed a well formed lumpy stool which floated, then eventually sunk then I passed a,long smooth thin snake which sunk straight away, there are also a few fluffy pieces which floated ...in addition to this feel exhausted and feel nauseous iand have stomach ache this morning. .I keep having this horrible feeling that there is something wrong. Had full blood tests done recently and all clear
    Last edited by sleepless65; 23-06-21 at 08:20.

Re: Todays bowel worries(tmi)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless65 View Post
    I have been plagued with bowel problems for years and apologise in advance if tmi. Bowels have been all over place for last year or so, loose , foul, floating etc. Went today first I passed a well formed lumpy stool which floated, then eventually sunk then I passed a,long smooth thin snake which sunk straight away, there are also a few fluffy pieces which floated ...in addition to this feel exhausted and feel nauseous iand have stomach ache this morning. .I keep having this horrible feeling that there is something wrong. Had full blood tests done recently and all clear
    Ta for this. It was supposed to be toad in the hole for tea but I've gone off the idea now. You did warn us though!

First thing to do is to understand that you have anxiety, and that classically affects the digestive system. Anxiety accounts for tummy aches, nausea, exhaustion, and a colon that doesn't know what's hit it. Stinky poo is most likely to be down to what you've eaten. Incidentally, I have discovered that my poo smells a lot less funky since I've cut out the dairy!

You need to stop worrying about floating poo because whether a turd floats, sinks or does a breakdance because top two causes of floaty poo are fibre and gas.

It's all about fibre or lack of. Foods like veggies or pulses make the poo lighter and more likely to float. Or, depending on what you've eaten, it can be denser and sink. Or a combo. Some of my turds hit the bottom of the pan like Exocet missiles (water-splashy-botty) whereas others float around like they're on lilos!

The further down the list of causes you go, the more unlikely given your clear bloods, but you could always ask for a Calprotectin test to be done? Or a FIT test. It's just a case of sending off a bit of your poo in a sterile container and the worst part is wandering into the surgery and handing it to the receptionist. I had both tests done, plus full bloods, and all were negative...

My bowel symptoms 100% convinced me I had bowel cancer. But I don't. However, HA can be very convincing, and that 'horrible feeling' that you have is HA.

Sorry for graphic description and thanks for reply. Have been worried about what my bowels will serve up each day. My rational mind does realise this forensic examination of motions is probably a bit unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Poop floats and it sinks
    It's different colors and it stinks.
    It can be hard or soft like mush
    Do your business and just flush!
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'll try that tomorrow...👍

Sorry for graphic description and thanks for reply. Have been worried about what my bowels will serve up each day. My rational mind does realise this forensic examination of motions is probably a bit unhealthy
    It's absolutely unhealthy, and will only take you further down the rabbit hole...

Thanks..I'm sitting here listing my symptoms and perceived fears ...its very long and growing. Getting to point where I don't know what's a real symptom and what isn't.Trying to keep calm and face the working day.
    Last edited by sleepless65; 24-06-21 at 08:31.

Thanks..I'm sitting here listing my symptoms and perceived fears ...its very long and growing. Getting to point where I don't know what's a real symptom and what isn't.Trying to keep calm and face the working day.
    Throw that list in the bin cocker.

New list

Things I'm thankful for...

Things that make me happy...

Things I will do to help myself...

Treats I will buy myself for every week that I work hard to beat my health anxiety...

You get my drift Sleepless?

All your list of symptoms is doing is adding more fear to your system - which means more stress hormones - which means an ever-growing list of symptoms - because anxiety symptoms can be very 'whack-a-mole- - as in, one buggers off and another one pops straight up.

I'll give it a try, thanks for taking time to reply.

I have deleted a couple threads in past, and I have just read elsewhere on forum that this is seen as discourteous .I would like to apologise. This is because I tend to blurt things out and provide TMI then get embarrassed and delete them. I will try not to do this 🙄
    Last edited by sleepless65; 24-06-21 at 20:12.

Thread Information