Thread: I have no internal anxiety/worry filter

I have no internal anxiety/worry filter

I feel that I always find something to worry or get anxious about. The other thing is it doesn't seem to matter how serious or minor the issue that I'm fixated on is I get equally anxious about it...whether a small bump in routine or major life event .... anyone else feel like this 😟 Currently stressed about potential house repairs and health and returning to office after lockdown..

Re: I have no internal anxiety/worry filter

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless65 View Post
    I feel that I always find something to worry or get anxious about. The other thing is it doesn't seem to matter how serious or minor the issue that I'm fixated on is I get equally anxious about it...whether a small bump in routine or major life event .... anyone else feel like this  Currently stressed about potential house repairs and health and returning to office after lockdown..
    I don't know what it's like not to worry about something? I have OCD, so I presume it's because of that? I could catastrophise over a lottery win ha ha (not actually joking) but HA is one of my victories. I haven't been 'cured'. I don't expect I ever will be, but I have my size 4 up it's bum at the mo, and for the last few years. Yay!

There are lots of filters I don't have lol

I get you about the house repairs too. We have to have some work done soon and every time I think about the logistics of where we need to put furniture etc, my brain melts.

Re: I have no internal anxiety/worry filter

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless65 View Post
    I feel that I always find something to worry or get anxious about. The other thing is it doesn't seem to matter how serious or minor the issue that I'm fixated on is I get equally anxious about it...whether a small bump in routine or major life event .... anyone else feel like this  Currently stressed about potential house repairs and health and returning to office after lockdown..
    Yes!!! This is me all day, every day!! The most mundane, tiny things can set me off. Listening to someone rattle off their entire cross country drive plans caused an anxiety spike that remains days later. Other things have come up since then but his non stop rambling about national parks and such was the start.

Thread Information